World leading software company needs Frontend Developer!
Oslo, Norway , 500000.00kr - 700000.00kr per annum
2019-05-10 10:59:57 +0100
My client has become a huge international success and is currently the leader for Market Research and Enterprise Feedback Management. Companies worldwide use our software to collect analyses and report on critical business data to make the right decisions in tough markets. We are a Norwegian company headquartered in Oslo, with over 350 employees across all offices in the U.S, London & Moscow. We service global clients that include Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, Virgin Media, British Airways, MTV, BMW.
We are currently seeking a passionate Front-end Developer focusing on functionality and single page applications. Using the latest technologies & methods, we build software used by thousands of users worldwide.
In this position you will enter into a department consisting of 36 people divided into 3 teams. You will be in a team of 9 people consisting of frontend developers, backend developers and testers. You work Scrum-based with road maps that go over 6-18 months ahead, with cycles of 3 weeks.
A project may be to set up a new module for their customer, or develop any customer already has. You work team based and you will partake of both design meetings and work with pair programming.
If you are like us, and would like the time to focus on code quality rather than pushing hours, then we would like to hear from you.
Your role will require and challenge you to:
- Collaborate with product managers and UI designers to implement new products
- Help to optimize the performance of applications running across both desktop and mobile platforms (Reactjs).
- Improve code quality through pair programming
- Work with Product Managers and UI-designers to implement amazing new products
- Optimize performance of applications spanning both desktop and mobile platforms
- Improving code quality through pair programming and code reviews
- Identify and communicate best practices for front-end engineering
- Have the mindset to build and ship high quality code to production every day
- Handle security aspects while designing and coding, not as an afterthought
- Have an open mind on tooling and languages
- Take pride in what you deliver and don't ship untested code
- Be a strong team player and prefer to work with others in all phases of the development process
- Enjoy collaborating across borders in an international environment
Qualifications or Skills required:
- Experienced in recent web technologies (HTML5/CSS3)
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable UI code
- Preferably experienced in NodeJS
- 3+ years of experience building single page web applications
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Good English language skills - our working language is English
Additional points familiar with, or have good knowledge of, any of the following:
- Git, TeamCity, Octopus, Artifactory/ProGet
- Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, Slack, Kibana
- MS SQL
- Rabbit MQ
- NodeJS/React is a must.
- Dedicated time each Friday for personal development; coding dojo's, new tech research, work on a hobby project
- Spar every day with highly talented colleagues
- Great lunch & canteen shared with other tech companies, where we have monthly beers
- Social happenings; dinners, hut trips, skiing, sports etc.
- Flexible hours
- Competitive conditions, benefits & course/conference support
- Bright, modern offices
- A company where people tend to stay!
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR YOU?
We understand that our network is the most important asset to our business, so we truly value recommendations. If you have a friend who is looking to take the next step in their career, let us know and we can help them.We have an excellent range of prizes to choose from.
Please note that your recommendation must be working in a position we place them in for a minimum of 3 months for a permanent role, or 1 month for a contract role