Wordpress Architect/ Consultant
Zürich, Switzerland , Negotiable
2018-04-09 16:42:43 +0100
Publishing at its best. Fast growing company with rising client base. A core IT team expanding to match demand in a modern and relaxed office, offering flat hierarchies and short decision making paths. Flexible working opportunities, legendary Beer Friday and an exciting time to jump into the action and become their go-to WordPress pro.
Are you looking for the opportunity to put your architectural skills to the test and take a staring role in the next round of project building?
This company creates analytical reports and digital publications for financial companies across Switzerland using WordPress as their CMS of choice. They have grown astronomically in the last three years, starting out with one client in the beginning that has now become 24. This has lead to a busy and exciting period of time for the company where they are taking advantage of this increase in work to expand their current software team and implement new ideas and solutions into their product.
This means they are now looking for a WordPress Architect to come on board and provide solutions and concepts to build up a new scalable WordPress back-end and the construction of stable and scalable farms of hundreds of instances. Once the product is up and running the role would relax into a Consultant position, where you would be responsible for the supervision and problem-solving of issues brought to your attention by the development team who would be continuing to evolve and maintain the software solution you have created and develop further plugins for it.
This role also offers the opportunity for you to be involved in the hiring process of the future back end developers in the team.
To be the ideal candidate for this role, you have:
- Experience with web-CMS and want to deepen this knowledge
- An understanding of GIT, Composer, Apache, Docker, Npm and Gulp
- Knowledge and skills working with plugins
- 4+ years experience with WordPress
- B1/B2 in German and English minimum
- An excellent team player
- Able to take and give constructive criticism
- Curious, versatile, forward-looking and reliable
- Looking for a new challenge
- Helping to deliver a scalable WordPress backend
- Developing and delivering all of its facets, processes and tools
- Working on the backend to allow the frontend to work carefree and easy
- Helping to optimise web products
- Working with developers of other disciplines to create the best products and implementations
- Input into the hiring process for future WordPress Developers
- Creating software solutions and bringing ideas to the team
- Young and motivated team
- Flat hierarchies
- Short decision making paths
- In the heart of Zurich West ten minutes from Zurich HB
- Promising new and exciting challenges and versatile customers
- Support the reconciliation of work and private life
- Flexible working
- The possibility of home office
- Friday beer
- Challenge at the Töggelikasten
- Friendly and inclusive team
- Relaxed and modern work space
If you meet the above requirements, please get in contact ASAP to discuss further.
Managing This Role
My name is Megan and I am a Delivery Consultant for the Swiss Market. I specialise in permanent placements within PHP development. Working alongside my account manager Laura Can...Megan's Full Bio