WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
Amsterdam, North Holland
Up to €420.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
The Wintel Technical Analyst is responsible for the technical delivery and support of LG's Wintel (x86) based platforms, including Microsoft server technologies (NT4.0, W2K, W2K3, W2008, W2012 and W2016), Active Directory, VMWare (V5, V5.5, V6 & V6.5) & hardware platforms (including HPe, Cisco UCS, DELL & Nutanix) offering escalated on-call support 24x7x365, meeting operational, project and initiative needs.
Provide technical capability, support and maintenance for our Wintel (x86) based platforms across the LG group including the delivery and documentation of the following:
- Escalated on-call 24x7x365 support
- Operational, initiative and project-based activities
- Technical applications support
- Capacity and availability management
- System-level performance management
- Obsolescence management
- Patch, vulnerability, and anti-virus management
- Technical design and implementation
- Backup & Disaster recovery management/capability
- Operating system hardening
Knowledge & Experience
Preferred education/ qualifications:
- Degree level or equivalent.
Specific Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in a similar support/services role, within a large commercial environment.
- VCP 5/VCP6 and MCSE
- Experience of working within a Wintel (MS, SQL, VMware & Linux) systems support environment.
- Experience with SCOM, MacAfee, WSUS, HPe SIM / HPe OneView, Cisco Director
- Can demonstrate ability to take technical ownership of a problem or requirement.
- Understanding of MOF/ITIL/COBIT methodologies and is ideally qualified to 'foundation' level or similar.
- Can demonstrate a keen awareness of the key business processes within the industry and how the current systems deliver and support these processes.
- Is able to effectively balance the demands of quality with project time constraints and devise imaginative and innovative solutions to issues that may arise.
- Can identify goals & objectives.
- Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal, communication, influencing & negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-Technical audiences of all levels using various forms of communication.
- Deep understanding and experience of relevant technologies and systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to form strong business relationships across all functions
- Timeliness in all actions with quality consciousness towards services received and provided
- Experience of project management techniques including planning, resource allocation, prioritization and escalation