Amsterdam, N. Holland, Netherlands , Up to €420.00 per day
2019-09-10 08:36:08 +0100
Other Digital Jobs
RESPONSIBILITIES, ACTIVITIES AND KEY DELIVERABLES:
- Provide technical capability, support and maintenance for our Wintel based platforms across Virgin Media including the delivery and documentation of the following:
- Operational, initiative and project based activities
- Technical applications support
- Capacity and availability management
- System level performance management
- Obsolescence management
- Patch, vulnerability and anti-virus management
- Technical design and implementation
- Backup & Disaster recovery management/capability
- Operating system hardening
- Work with service delivery & EUC teams to ensure the delivery into the production of new or upgraded Wintel server/service changes are carried out according to agreed quality processes and schedules.
- Ensure support processes are defined and continuously reviewed, appropriate documentation created and training requirements are identified. Where appropriate prepare and deliver cross-team training.
- Manage infrastructure assets ensuring the correct balance of proactive & reactive maintenance, to deliver optimum service levels.
- Provide technical design and architecture proposals to improve the existing Wintel Server infrastructure services, thereby improving efficiency, effectiveness and minimizing costs.
- Work with the asset management team in the area of software license control & hardware asset management.
- Adopt & adhere to industry best practices.
- Ensure compliance with relevant standards e.d ITIL, Sarbanes Oxley, ISO 270001, COBIT & auditing authorities (both internal & external). Taking timely action to remedy any deficiencies and/or risk areas.
JOB SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- VCP 5, VCP 6 and MCSE
- Experience of working within a Wintel (MS, SQL, VMware & Linux) systems support environment.
- Experience with SCOM, MacAfee, WSUS, HPSIM, HP Oneview
- Can demonstrate the ability to take technical ownership of a problem or requirement.
- Understanding of MOF/ITIL/COBIT methodologies and is ideally qualified to 'foundation' level or similar.
- Can demonstrate a keen awareness of the key business processes within the industry and how the current systems deliver and support these processes.
- Is able to effectively balance the demands of quality with project time constraints and devise imaginative and innovative solutions to issues that may arise.
- Can identify goals & objectives.
- Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal, communication, influencing & negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences of all levels using various forms of communication.
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR YOU?
We understand that our network is the most important asset to our business, so we truly value recommendations. If you have a friend who is looking to take the next step in their career, let us know and we can help them.We have an excellent range of prizes to choose from.
Please note that your recommendation must be working in a position we place them in for a minimum of 3 months for a permanent role, or 1 month for a contract role