WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
Amsterdam, N. Holland, Netherlands
Up to €420.00 per day
2 months ago
RESPONSIBILITIES, ACTIVITIES AND KEY DELIVERABLES:
- Provide technical capability, support and maintenance for our Wintel based platforms across Virgin Media including the delivery and documentation of the following:
- Operational, initiative and project based activities
- Technical applications support
- Capacity and availability management
- System level performance management
- Obsolescence management
- Patch, vulnerability and anti-virus management
- Technical design and implementation
- Backup & Disaster recovery management/capability
- Operating system hardening
- Work with service delivery & EUC teams to ensure the delivery into the production of new or upgraded Wintel server/service changes are carried out according to agreed quality processes and schedules.
- Ensure support processes are defined and continuously reviewed, appropriate documentation created and training requirements are identified. Where appropriate prepare and deliver cross-team training.
- Manage infrastructure assets ensuring the correct balance of proactive & reactive maintenance, to deliver optimum service levels.
- Provide technical design and architecture proposals to improve the existing Wintel Server infrastructure services, thereby improving efficiency, effectiveness and minimizing costs.
- Work with the asset management team in the area of software license control & hardware asset management.
- Adopt & adhere to industry best practices.
- Ensure compliance with relevant standards e.d ITIL, Sarbanes Oxley, ISO 270001, COBIT & auditing authorities (both internal & external). Taking timely action to remedy any deficiencies and/or risk areas.
JOB SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- VCP 5, VCP 6 and MCSE
- Experience of working within a Wintel (MS, SQL, VMware & Linux) systems support environment.
- Experience with SCOM, MacAfee, WSUS, HPSIM, HP Oneview
- Can demonstrate the ability to take technical ownership of a problem or requirement.
- Understanding of MOF/ITIL/COBIT methodologies and is ideally qualified to 'foundation' level or similar.
- Can demonstrate a keen awareness of the key business processes within the industry and how the current systems deliver and support these processes.
- Is able to effectively balance the demands of quality with project time constraints and devise imaginative and innovative solutions to issues that may arise.
- Can identify goals & objectives.
- Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal, communication, influencing & negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences of all levels using various forms of communication.