WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
Amsterdam, North Holland
€450.00 - €480.00 per day
8 months ago
The Video Systems Integration Engineer is responsible for the integration of new Video services/solutions with the service monitoring framework and tooling. This highly technical hands-on position with project management experience will be the interface to the project delivery teams to determine the operational impact and provide/implement the operational non-functional requirements. The system integrator is responsible for the operationalization of new services and coordinating the On-boarding, Operational Reading Testing and Acceptance processes.
- Participate in early phase of projects, preferable in the development phase to take the opera rational needs in to account.
- Gather and analyse data to establish operational requirements
- Work directly with decision makers and end users to understand, define, and document current and possible future reporting goals, needs, and requirements
- Collaborate with technology team members, end users, and other stakeholders to ensure smooth on-boarding into Operations
- Identify trends in the service monitoring tools/dashboards and baseline KPI's.
- Prepare/consolidate the operational and technical Knowledge Base Management system including WiKi etc
- Prepare Event Management (Monitoring & Healthcheck) work instructions
- Prepare Incident Management and Diagnostic work instructions
- Change/Deployment/Warranty technical validations and aftercare work instructions
- Deliver Job Scheduling Management (Housekeeping) system and associated monitoring
- Platform Operational Testing & Acceptance
- Application & Software Acceptance
- Software Requirements: All Software called out as a requirement during IA has been set-up and configured.
- Hardware Requirements: All Hardware called out as a requirement during IA has been delivered, set-up and configured.
- SOX CI's: If the project is introducing or modifying any SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) CI's then these must be highlighted as such on the CMDB Update Request form to ensure they are marked as being a SOX CI.
- Operational tools: All Impacted Operations tools as called out during HLR, DBR and IA have been updated and tested.
- Training as called out in the IA has been provided along with supporting material.
- Management Connectivity (Access): Operations must have the relevant access to any new or changed systems.
- Reporting: Any new or amended reports have been developed & delivered.
- 3rd Party Vendors Operating Model & Funding
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to see at both the helicopter view and focus on detail.
· 3-5 years experience in Telecoms/ISP/TV and solid understanding and working knowledge of the OSI Model
· In-depth knowledge of Linux and cloud technologies [aws, kubernetes, docker etc], certification is plus
· Proven ability/experience working in a multi layered international matrix organization having people with different cultural backgrounds
· Fluent in English (verbal & written) and preferable 1 other European language.
· Knowledge of Apache Web Server Administration and Oracle database Administration [certification is plus]
· Experience with at least one type of Java application environment, e.g. JBoss, Tomcat, Websphere.
· Strong and dynamic individual, with the ability to thrive under pressure
· Solid awareness of production operational processes, preferably to ITIL level (certification not required)
· Exposure to and understanding of Internet, TCP/IP Systems and Protocols, and Unix based systems