Video CPE HW Architect/Tech Lead
Amsterdam, North Holland , €550 - €590 per day
2017-09-04 09:14:52 +0100
My client is looking for a Video CPE HW Architect/Tech Lead to work in the Video CPE department for their long term project in Amsterdam. They are looking for an experienced Architect who can also act as the technical lead, therefore previous experience as a project manager are highly welcome.
Leading new STB HW platform projects from a technical perspective from idea phase to deployment:
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to capture product, functional, non-functional and end-to-end requirements.
- Leading investigation and analysis off requirements to define the technical design for the new HW platform taking both technical and business aspects into account.
- Managing, from a technical point of view, RFP processes for new STB hardware with HW vendors.
- Reviewing and approving HW vendor technical solutions, designs and specification.
- Together with project manager define a project plan and structure for the project.
- Throughout the project being the technical lead, tracking and managing the HW vendor development as well as internal activities.
Extensive cooperation with external technology suppliers during development of STB hardware and software (OEM/ODM, SW vendors, CA vendors).
Communicating industry development to peers and superiors.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Master degree in electrical engineering or equivalent knowledge obtained thru education and work experience.
- At least 5 years of direct exposure to hardware architecture and design within digital video and/or customer premises equipment. Ex. CPUs, tuners, HDMI, Wifi, memory, thermal management.
- At least 3 years of experience from working with requirements and specifications in a structured way.
- At least 3 years of experience with technical project management and vendor management.
- Good understanding of STB related technologies.
- Good understanding of Linux based Embedded SW architecture and real-time software.
- Good problem-solving skills and attention for detail.
- Good interpersonal skills to maintain and develop effective working relationships with colleagues and vendors.
- Willing and able to adapt rapidly to changing priorities and technologies.
- Used to working under pressure with flexibility on working hours when needed.
- Excellent English and good communicator, both written and spoken.