Vice President of Engineering
New York County, New York, USA , Negotiable
2019-09-12 19:43:37 +0100
My client, a Y-Combinator company with the mission of creating a positive customer experience through real-time call verification technology, is searching for a Vice President of Engineering. Using cutting-edge Machine Learning to deliver real-time, API based authentication in a serverless AWS environment, my client helps customers in the financial services, telecommunications, and healthcare industries save time and money while creating a better experience for their customers.
As the leader of the Engineering Department, you can expect autonomy, respect, and collaboration as you oversee the department that is the lifeblood of the organization. The Vice President of Engineering reports directly to the CEO, and is a member of the Leadership Team, providing opportunities to drive the cultural and strategic visions of the company.
- Oversee all of Engineering - Software Engineering, Research & Development, and Data Science
- Align work to a shared product roadmap vision, and set, monitor, and hold team accountable to clear metrics for team and product performance
- Engage in coaching and mentoring of team members, including frequent 1:1s and professional growth and development conversations, as well as performance reviews
- Recruit, onboard, and retain top-level talent that have a positive impact on both the product and the organization
Desired Technical Skills:
- Expert level Python skills
- Proficiency in Go
- Enthusiasm for implementation of cutting edge machine learning techniques
- In-depth knowledge of AWS architecture
- Linux Proficiency
- Expertise with writing and consuming APIs
- Experience leading teams that have architected and implemented complex software
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR YOU?
We understand that our network is the most important asset to our business, so we truly value recommendations. If you have a friend who is looking to take the next step in their career, let us know and we can help them.We have an excellent range of prizes to choose from.
Please note that your recommendation must be working in a position we place them in for a minimum of 3 months for a permanent role, or 1 month for a contract role