Amsterdam, North Holland , €400.00 - €420.00 per day
2018-12-17 08:11:11 +0000
The leading telecom company in Europe is looking for a UNIX/Linux Engineer contractor with a relevant experience in Solaris, AIX, Red Hat Linux.
The person will be part of a major datacenter transformation project. The contract will be extendend for several months until 2 years if the contractor works well within the team. The project itself is going to be longer than 2 years.
- Proficiency with installing and administering operating Systems including AIX, Solaris, RHEL Linux, Oracle Enterprise Linux
- Proficiency of Virtualization Tooling including VMware, Oracle Virtual Machine, Solaris LDOMs & Zones
- Awareness of Logical Volume Disk Management (Solaris Volume Manager & ZFS)
- Awareness of security, hardening, patching
- Provide migration recommendations and guidance to migration planning
- Working with Migration Schedulers and Exeuction Leads
- Technically plan and execute the migration of UNIX (AIX, Solaris) physical servers to updated hardware
- Undertake logical decommissioning activities associated with UNIX physical servers which have been migrated
- Collaborate with infrastructure and application teams to ensure the migration minimises risk and impact to the business
The contract is initially until December 2018, however the project itself will last longer, so it has a high probability of extension.
Please note: only if you are eligible for working in the Netherlands your profile is going to be considerated
Managing This Role
I started to work as a Recruiter last year in the beautiful Bologna (Italy) as an HR Specialist. My main responsibility was reviewing the candidates’ profile, in terms of their ...Elisabetta's Full Bio