WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
6 months ago
Unix Engineer/Application Manager
My client who are an international financial institution based in Zurich are recruiting a Unix Engineer to join their team on a contractual basis.
The position is located in Business Applications. There you work on various projects and are for the daily operation of various applications in the Unix environment. The focus here is on the operation and the further development of our file transfer solution. This includes analyzing and solving faults that Ensuring and continuously improving the availability of the systems, as well as the support of project managers, application specialists and other areas. In addition to the regular Unix engineering activities, you must also be able to run applications to manage on a technical level and as a 2nd or 3rd level support for problems and inquiries to play a key role.
A team of four release managers and two engineers awaits you. You also work with application management, third-party providers, engineering, Avaloq release management and IT Test management.
- Support of our file transfer solution
- Analysis and resolution of technical problems (performance, stability, etc.)
- Setting up, expanding and migrating applications in the Unix environment
- Project advice
- Documentation of system environments and processes
- Optimization and automation of processes
- Interface to third parties
- Good technical understanding of complex IT environments
- Engineering; Setup, expansion and operation of Unix systems (mainly RHEL)
- Experience with middleware products such as WebLogic, Java, Apache Tomcat
- Experience in dealing with databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- Basic knowledge of LAN and firewall principles
- High understanding of IT security processes
- Solution, service and customer orientation
- Good communication skills when dealing with business and IT developers
- Independent and goal-oriented approach
- Analytical and structured thinking / working
- Fluent knowledge of English and German in language and writing
Please click apply or send your CV directly to Kiran.Oogarah@Darwinrecruitment.com