Zürich, Switzerland , Swiss Franc90000 - Swiss Franc100000 per annum
2018-05-25 17:04:41 +0100
Lead Technical Writer
My Customer in Zurich are actively seeking to hire a technical writer. You'd be working for one of the fastest growing fin-tech startups globally. They are the market leader in developing distributed ledger technology applied to the market infrastructure and financial services sector.
The Technical Writing and Documentation Lead has the critical responsibility of enabling detailed knowledge transfer from the Engineering and Product Teams to clients and for general information across the business internally. The initial and significant area of focus for development of documentation is for the Software Development Kit ("SDK") product. Documentation will be used to assist Business Development in educating clients on how to adapt the business products and technologies to their business needs and specific APIs. Documentation will also be used to create a record of our architecture and software design decisions and to provide expert training and direction for clients and internal colleagues using SDK tools. In addition to creating documentation, the Technical Writing and Documentation Lead will participate in the selection of tooling used to create, design, organize and distribute documentation with a strong focus on the end user experience in consuming content. Given the essential connection between SDK software design/development and SDK documentation creation and delivery, the Technical Writing and Documentation Lead must have a background in software development and programming.
- Write highly polished and professional technical documentation in a way that can be consumed by external and internal audiences of varying technical ability; Target users are developers, IT personnel responsible for applications, technology architects.
- Design, organize and maintain documentation and documentation sets for new and existing products and client projects.
- Review, edit and maintain existing technical documents to comply with documentation standards and best practices.
- Make improvements in documentation management, such as consolidation or applying best practices for consistency and ease of use.
- Enjoy didactics and finding the most effective ways to teach people about technical subjects.
- Participate in defining best practices, guidelines, and the documentation tooling to be used.
- Give feedback and guide engineers in their creation of documentation.
- 5 to 7 years of experience writing technical documentation for commercial software development within external and internal audiences.
- Prior experience as a software design / development engineer and still actively coding as part of current role or as a hobby.
- Proven and demonstrable writing experience with specifications and architecture documentation; sample technical writing, both online and in print, required.
- Ability to evaluate and organize technical information quickly and explain concepts and instructions clearly and concisely.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible, have initiative and a proactive work ethic, enjoy working with new technology in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Must be comfortable working with developer documentation tools and workflows where documentation is treated the same as source code. Experience with Git, Sphinx, and Markdown is preferred.
- Experience creating end user documentation from reading source code is strongly preferred.
Prior experience working with financial institutions or financial technology companies is strongly preferred.
Managing This Role
I have worked in the recruitment industry almost my entire working life and have seven years’ experience in the industry including the last four years in IT. Initially working w...Kiran's Full Bio