WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
550000.00kr - 850000.00kr per annum
4 months ago
Be apart of changing the broadcasting world by stream by stream!
Do you want to work with Major broadcasting events?
Do you want to work with modern tech and the cloud?
Please read the below:
About the position
We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to join our team to help us creating revolutionary video services. The position is a full-time position at our Oslo office to work tightly within our Infrastructure Engineering team. Our team builds and maintains IT systems running in our data centre providing 24/7 services to our clients. This includes setup and operation of physical server infrastructure, virtualisation. environments, storage clusters, container runtime environments and more. To deliver best in class services to our customers we are looking for a candidate that has a deep and broad understanding of system administration, automation as well as system lifecycle management.
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitoring and managing all installed systems and infrastructure
- Establish, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Evaluate the existing systems and provide technical direction to the management.
- Plan and implement systems automation as required for better efficiency
- Oversee the constant availability of technical resources
- Maintain and supervise the inventory
- At least 3 years working experience in Linux system administration
- Experience with Ansible
- Strong technical background in building redundant and robust solutions
- Experience working with SAN and NAS systems (EMS Isilon, Gluster, others)
- Working experience with virtualisation solutions such as XenServer, XCP-ng, VMWare ESXi or similar
- A strong eye for architecture and patterns
- Working knowledge with Docker, Kubernetes
- Working knowledge with Kafka and event-driven architecture
- Experience using Terraform or other infrastructure as code solutions.
- Experience in reading and writing Python code
- Good understanding of cloud service provider offerings (AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
The ideal candidate will bring on board a positive attitude, see opportunities instead of challenges and is eager to provide the best in class experience for our clients.
In addition, you are:
- A strong team player able to collaborate closely with teammates and other internal stakeholders.
- Result-oriented and focused contributor able to work with deadlines.
- Curious and self-driven learner with a holistic approach to complex challenges.
- Able to withstand periods of high activity linked to major entertainment and sports events (Breaking News and Major title releases)
- Exhibiting strong analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.