WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
US$150000.00 - US$250000.00 per annum
6 months ago
At H3 Biomedicine, the IT department strives to provide secure reliable computing system infrastructure, tools, and advice in order to enable H3's data driven philosophy for research and development of new therapeutics. We're seeking an experienced systems administrator who's eager to use and grow his or her technological skills. In this role, the successful individual will protect our critical information, systems, and assets, build solutions, implement new software and hardware, provide training, and assist in the development of an overall IT strategy. From early on, you'll help empower our breakthrough innovations, be given challenging assignments, lead initiatives, and take ownership and responsibility. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about applying their current skills and develop new skills in order to further H3's mission.
- Receive new solutions into the production environment, maintain those that exist and work with key MSPs to best maintain an operational environment.
- Develop and implement project plans per those solutions chosen
- Proactively manage, maintain and monitor with our MSP, all external and internal resources, including, but not limited to:
- Public cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- On premises server infrastructure (Windows, Linux, physical and virtual)
- On premises network infrastructure (WiFi, routers, switches, firewalls)
- On premises storage infrastructure (Isilon, Avere, CIFS/NFS file sharing)
- Software-as-a-Service (Box, G Suite, Lucidchart, Jive, etc)
- Endpoints (Lab instrument computer management, mobile devices, Windows/Mac/Linux)
- Develop and implement IT security best practices
- Endpoint security
- Network security
- Operating system and application security
- Public key infrastructure
- Encryption technologies and techniques
- Provide expertise for IT infrastructure (e.g. servers, networks, printers, telecommunications, etc), application infrastructure (e.g. network security, active directory, messaging, VPN services, primary and secondary domain controllers, etc.) and all related services .
- Create and establish, monitor and measure service level agreements (SLAs) with service providers, MSPs and SaaS vendors
- Provide IT infrastructure and/or application infrastructure lifecycle technical support, including planning, project management, installation, on-going management/monitoring troubleshooting, and de-installation, following operational policies and processes compliant with industry standards.
- Serves as liaison for IT managed services vendors to technology planning; implementing; consulting; and supporting the infrastructure.
- Ensure that best practices in managing a complex WAN /LAN environment. Are adhered to with assistance from MSP's
- Proactively monitor, scheduled software release upgrades, documentation, incident and change management, backups, disaster recovery, security, network.
- With IT architecture, provide consultation to business units within H3 BioMedicine for information technology needs including advising best practices; infrastructure recommendation and implementation.
- Accepts into production all IT technologies, data and services. Appropriately escalates and solves issues with the IT Service Desk and other IT areas.
- Develops and implements quality assurance test plans and quality assurance testing.
- Provide technical assistance to the Service desk where required, up to and including Incident Management and call closure
- Facilitate and participate in new technology introductions into the environment through listening, thinking and communicating with various H3 business areas
- Effectively interact with staff across all departments and levels to assess needs and deliver solutions
- Foster a culture of exceptional customer service.
- Core Technical Competencies Include
- Network Engineering
- Support, Helpdesk and service Management
- Operations and Production Application Management
- Program Management
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related area) preferred or equivalent experience
- 7-10+ years experience; hands on experience with automation and configuration practices and tools such as Ansible
- Advanced knowledge of Linux server operating systems and expertise with Windows server operating systems
- Managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server and Nutanix systems
- Advanced understanding of networking concepts and technologies (LAN/WAN, DNS, DHCP)
- A solid understanding of web technologies (domains, IIS, Apache)
- Working knowledge of modern database technologies
- Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory (Group Policy design and configuration, user and group administration, LDAP)
- Understanding of mobile technologies (IOS, Android)
- Understanding of IT security best practices and implementation (IAM, PKI, encryption)
- Ability to manage external services providers
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Must be organized and have the ability to manage projects of varying length
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Must be a team player