WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
Swiss Franc70000.00 - Swiss Franc115000.00 per annum
6 months ago
Privately and independently owned company working in the heart of Bern for the last 37 years. SME owned by its employees for its employees. Leaders in weather, climate, environment and IT science.
How does a SME with a focus on environmental, climate and geodata sound? Do you want to join an agile company who develop their projects and services alongside current trends and issues? Do you want to be part of a company that invests its profits in further developments and shared with employees and shareholders? Are you eager to work for a company whose most important assets are their employees?
Our client is a leading company in weather, climate environment and IT science, characterised by a high customer focus, expertise and technical competence. They have financial and professional independence which forms their basis as a neutral service provider. They value individuality and team spirit, sustainable entrepreneurship, putting the needs of their customers at the forefront of their work and environmental awareness. They provide a wide range of solutions from weather forecasts, air quality and emission maps, ice forecasts, solar energy and climate assessments, weather stations, energy yield and data management.
They are looking for a System administrator to join their team in central Bern. As the right person for this position, you have:
- A degree in computer science and experience in system administration
- A customer-orientated mindset, finding solutions for the needs of internal and sometimes external customers
- Exposure to some of these technologies and tools: AWX, Git, Gitlab CI, Docker / LEMP-Webstack, Ansible, Jira, Shell, Python, Vagrant, Zabbix
- Flair for programming, infrastructure as code and DevOps
- Fluency in German and English
- Focus on server administration (Web server, VM hosts, storage server)
- Assist the automation of IT processes and DevOps for the operation of their web applications
- Help design and successfully implement IT Projects
- Contribute to the reliable operation of existing solutions and develop them sustainably
- Located in central Bern
- Founded in 1981
- One of the most experienced service providers for weather, climate and environmental data in Europe
- Team made up of 35 scientists, engineers and computer scientists.
- Committed to environmental concerns since it was founded
- Set up one of the first wind power plants in Switzerland
- 'GreenIT' focus - web servers are in a computing centre which is operated 100% with CO2 free hydropower
- Member of NEUE ENERGIE Bern
- Half of the electricity used by the company is supplied by their own photovoltaic system located in the office building
- Open choice of your development environment (OS, Editor/IDE)
- Quiet office space with plenty of space in company building
- Agile work environment
- Dynamic and talented team
- Working time models are flexible with above-average social benefits
- 100% ownership of the company y the employees
- Profits invested in further developments with employee and shareholder involvement
If you meet the above requirements, please get in contact ASAP to discuss further.