WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
6 months ago
As the Staff Product Designer, you'll be a thought leader for the UX of the shopping experience, including gaps we have realized through an influx of COVID customer data and new types of customer interactions and discovery of new pain-points. This role will focus on existing products & evolving the customer journey & offerings.
We are seeking a Contract Staff Product Designer to play a hands-on role in realizing our product vision, shaping the future of an online retailer shopping experience.
The ideal candidate will be a systems-level design thinker and visionary, with strong customer instincts and outstanding design intuition. This will be an IC role, but you must be able to impact, incfluence and navigate across the enterprise organization--with a distributed workforce in an evolving online retail space. This designer will influence look/flow/feel of products and feature iterations across departments and throughout the hierarchy of the org--design & otherwise.
Your primary goal will be to ensure an unparalleled customer experience that enables our customers to accomplish their goals in the most elegant, efficient, and enjoyable way possible. To achieve this, you will be responsible for driving the design process and propelling teams to completion - working closely with our partners in research, product management and engineering to help shape the future of how we shop for those we love.
What You'll Do
You will be focusing on how we evolve the experience of our program across all our web and mobile shopping apps. This shopping design team empowers the org to provide a world-class shopping discovery experience for consumers & internal/external partners, end-to-end, across desktop, tablet, and mobile apps and web.
We design simple, fluid, and beautiful experiences that accommodate our growing and diverse selection, remove complexity and noise from our customers' paths, and delight them along the way. Our product landscape includes Navigation, Homepage, Search, Browse, Cart, Checkout, , Promotions, Gifting, Product Detail Page (PDP) and Account & Autoship.
Each day you'll:
- Earn trust and collaborate with product managers, developers, user researchers, & UX to execute design concepts that deliver on user and business goals while elevating our customer experience across the shopping funnel.
- Lead the design of the ideal customer journey for both new & existing customers, driving brand loyalty
- Drive/champion simple & a cohesive, consistent UX that delights customers & highlights convenience of our experience
- Deliver design by leading innovative/holistic thinking across products, platforms, & devices; drive the direction, style, & methodology of design/accessibility.
- Put the Customers first (!) & utilize design thinking principles through product design lifecycle, from discovery & concept ideation, creating deliverables including flows, wireframes, & full-fidelity prototypes/mocks.
- Drive cohesion, consistency & simplicity in UX design that unites a growing family of products, while continuing to nurture & evangelize invention & innovation.
- Deliver results by presenting & articulating your design process/solutions, inspiration, & decisions across the org
- Bachelor's, or equivalent degree, in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience with the design field.
- A total of 7+ years of experience in User Experience Design that includes 4+ years of leading large-scale initiatives at a product based organization.
- Fluency in best practices for User Interface Design, Information Architecture, and Interaction Design; practical knowledge of User Centered Design processes and lifecycles; ability to provide and effectively communicate strategic and tactical recommendations based on quantitative/qualitative data and optimal Design practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the latest design concepts, emerging technologies, and other developments in the user experience field.
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to influence and deliver results.
- Exemplary analytical skills and high judgment.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- A proven ability to consider the impact of your decisions, past your own products.
- Able to translate concepts into concrete depictions to clarify ideas and advance collaboration based on shared understanding.
- Bias for action including the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Experience designing for ecommerce/enterprise/iteration upon existing products
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.