WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
2 months ago
We're looking for two very talented SRE - Open LDAP system engineer's to work for our client.
They want to recruit someone with demonstrable experience as a Site reliability engineer and take operational responsibility of our clients directory service based on OpenLDAP
If that's you then you could be exactly what they're looking for.
Please note: This is a contract role, planned to last 6 months and is outside IR35.
As the SRE you will be primarily responsible for taking operational responsibility for our clients directory service based on OpenLDAP. You will also work to evolve the OpenLDAP catalogue by participating in design, development and roadmap activities with our clients stakeholders.
In the job you'll be tasked with the following:
- Supporting our clients system owners to onboard and maintain existing integrations to OpenLDAP
- Automating tasks
- Troubleshooting incidents
- Conducting disaster recovery tests for the environment
The ideal candidate for this SRE role will have relevant experience of automating tasks.
You'll also need experience of:
- Maintaining the infrastructure supporting our clients OpenLDAP
- Troubleshooting incidents
- Conduct disaster recovery tests for the environment
In addition, you'll need the following:
- A minimum of 3 years as a Site Reliability engineer or similar positions
- Extensive experience with setting up, managing and upgrading OpenLDAP multi-master setups in a production environment
- Multi-master setup (with or without delta syncrepl)
- Proxy authorisation
- Extensive knowledge of OpenLDAP's acl system
- Senior skills regarding managing infrastructure in AWS
- Proxying updates to master from slaves
You'll also need to be experienced or have some knowledge of Python as this is the clients current tooling and be skilled in IaC and tooling like Ansible and Terrafo.
Does that sound like you? If so, we'd love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Site Reliability Engineer, System Engineer or as a Sre - OpenLDAP - System Engineer.
An excellent salary is on offer for the Site reliability engineers position.
Full details of the package on offer will be revealed once we receive your application.
The business you'll be working for is an international financial/e-commerce company.
They're a great company to work for. People join them for many reasons, such as they:
- Are always looking to produce the most innovative products that are market leading; as well as using the most modern technologies to date
- Are working with some of the best developers in Europe
- Work out of state-of-the-art offices
The company works continuously to build a truly diverse and inclusive culture. They welcome and encourage candidates from all aspects of diversity to apply for this role.
Interested? If you think you're right for this SRE role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.