Sr Scala Developer - BigData/Scalaz/Akka - up to €75K
Amsterdam, North Holland , €50000 - €75000 per annum + benefits and 30 holidays!
2018-05-18 16:22:10 +0100
Digital, Back-end, Scala
You're a senior- or mid-level Scala Developer who has a keen knowledge of scalable systems and distributed programming? Are you proactive and enthusiastic? You solve problems, you don't avoid them. You're looking for a company who will not only give you the space to spread your wings but will help you do it? Do you like the following stack: Scala, Akka, Play, Kafka, Spark, Elasticsearch, Scalaz, AWS, Docker, and OpenStack?
This is going to interest you.
A specialized software house located in the heart of Amsterdam is growing and looking to add two software engineers to their international team. You will design, develop and implement new features to a high-speed web- and cloud software applications in a dynamic and collaborative environment. They are 150% quality-driven and daily undertaking large-scale and complex challenges.
Scala Software Engineer - What's the job?
- Working on complex and challenging projects in great teams of 5-6 skilled engineers
- Managing deployments of scala stack release into test-driven environments, improving functionalities, performances and solution deliveries in two-week sprints.
- You will write elegant, simple and well-performing code for search tools in various databases
- Work in a Scrum methodology on a top-notch application platform
- Contribute and take part in the strong knowledge-sharing community of the company
- The freedom and space to direct and guide your own development projects
Scala Software Engineer - What's your profile?
- Master, Bachelor or similar through experience
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience in functional programming
- Good knowledge of Scala or Clojure
- Experienced with Linux, scala frameworks and libraries and non-relational databases
- Comfortable or interested in Big Data; Spark, Kafka, Solr, Cassandra
- An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
Scala Software Engineer - What's in it for you?
- The chance to work in a dynamic, innovative and growing company
- An above market-average salary of up to 75.000€/per year depending on your knowledge and strengths
- Modern and always adapting tech stack
- An immediate long-term contract, transport allowance, extensive training package, personalized to your strengths and goals, The possibility to acquire professional certificates
- Regular company- and team events, 28 paid vacation days and talent development programs
- Hackathons, weekly knowledge sessions, sports activities, free drinks, fresh fruits, and cereals
- Relocation package and VISA sponsorship, if needed
Do you have any questions regarding this function or you want to apply?
Hit apply or get in touch with Daniel, specialised consultant in Scala & Data Engineering
Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org / +31(0)20 30 58 541
Managing This Role
Coming from a background in IT Recruitment, I joined Darwin in April 2016 as Recruitment Consultant for the Netherlands. After a great and successful year, I was promoted to Exe...Daniel's Full Bio