Sr Data Engineer - BigData platforms from scratch - 75K
Amsterdam, North Holland , €50000.00 - €75000 per annum + benefits
2019-05-19 09:00:20 +0100
Data, Data Engineering
You're a Senior Data Engineer who has a keen knowledge of scalable systems and distributed programming, and Data platforms? Are you proactive and enthusiastic? You solve problems, you don't avoid them. You're looking for a company which can support you in your personal development, both technical and as consultant? Do you like the following technologies: Scala, Python, Spark, Storm, Hadoop, Pig, Hive, HDFS, Yarn, Zookeeper, NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Kafka, AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins?
Then this is going to interest you!
An organization based in Amsterdam is growing and looking to add two Data Engineers, one mid-level and one senior, to their international team. They are quality-driven and daily undertaking large-scale and complex challenges across a broad portfolio of clients, from the Big Four to innovative start-ups. Most projects involve from-scratch development of data platforms and -landscapes and you are involved in making the decisions for the architectural design, to choose the best tech stack for the project.
Senior Data Engineer - What's the job?
- Working on complex and challenging projects in great teams of 2-3 skilled data engineers, among additional software engineers and data scientists
- Design and implement core topics on the product roadmap which specifically relate to data-intensive algorithms
- You will write elegant, simple and well-performing code for the data platform
- Work in a Scrum methodology on a top-notch application platform
- Optimize the data infrastructure
- Contribute and take part in the strong knowledge-sharing community of the company
- The freedom and space to direct and guide your own development projects
Senior Data Engineer - What's your profile?
- Master, Bachelor or similar through experience
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience in software engineering (scala, python or java)
- Good knowledge of Big Data frameworks, tools and libraries
- Experienced with Linux and Cloud (AWS or Azure)
- An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
Senior Data Engineer - What's in it for you?
- The chance to work in a dynamic, innovative and growing company
- An above market-average salary of up to 75.000€/per year depending on your knowledge and strengths
- Modern and always adapting tech stack
- An immediate long term contract, transport allowance, extensive training package, personalized to your strengths and goals, The possibility to acquire professional certificates
- Regular company- and team events, 28 paid vacation days and talent development programs
- Hackathons, weekly knowledge sessions, sport activities, free drinks, fresh fruits and cereals
Do you have any questions regarding this function or you want to apply?
Get in touch with Daniel, specialised consultant in Scala & Data Engineering
Daniel.email@example.com / +31(0)20 30 58 541
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR YOU?
We understand that our network is the most important asset to our business, so we truly value recommendations. If you have a friend who is looking to take the next step in their career, let us know and we can help them.We have an excellent range of prizes to choose from.
Please note that your recommendation must be working in a position we place them in for a minimum of 3 months for a permanent role, or 1 month for a contract role