Software Engineer - Streaming
Oslo, Norway , Negotiable
2018-04-27 12:20:16 +0100
I'm sure all the music lovers out there will understand how important playback and user experience is a whole when listening to music, right? Are you so passionate that your dream job would be to work on a streaming platform and therefore connecting your love for music and technology, creating the best user experience? Well…..I have the job for you!
My client is a fast growing, multinational organisation within the entertainment industry and they are currently looking to grow their streaming team in Oslo. They are looking for a well-educated Software Developer who is either experienced or interested in streaming to join a team of 2.
- You are an experienced developer, ideally, you've worked with Java, Scala or C++.
- It's desirable that you have experience with streaming technologies, if not you should at least have domain knowledge in audio/video compression or how media is distributed.
- Streaming technologies and codecs, e.g HLS, DASH, CMAF, H264, VP9, FLAC, AAC.
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to embrace new technologies.
- You are eager to learn.
- Develop and improve the platforms video/audio transcoding solution.
- Design and build packaging and encryption solutions.
- Enhance the Java backend services with new features and functionality.
- Although your direct team consists of 2 other developers, you will be working closely with the app dev teams, making sure the entire playback ecosystem rocks!
- Tech stack: Java/Python/C++, HLS, DASH, CMAF, H264, VP9, FLAC, AAC, FFmpeg, AWS (EC2, S3, DynamoDB etc) Digital Rights Management, Content Delivery Networks.
The company and benefits:
- International presence and continuing to grow.
- Subscription-based services.
- Innovative environment with freedom to consider emerging or newer technologies.
- Competitive salary, pension, insurance etc.
- Chance to work for a recognised brand with highly skilled colleagues who share similar passions.
- Room to progress and excel in your career.
If the above role sound interesting and you have the skills to match, then please don't hesitate to make an application or alternatively you can send your CV to Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a confidential discussion on 0047 219 39 545.