WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
Amsterdam, North Holland
€400.00 - €450.00 per day
10 months ago
Working towards the delivery of embedded software that will be deployed across multiple operating countries and into millions of homes. Build up expertise in a specific domain, and take care of software implementation, supervising additional developers. Mentor and develop more junior team members and contribute to increasing their knowledge and understanding. Interact with Architects and the wider developer group to discuss requirements and implementation. Take ownership of problem reports. Troubleshoot and debug them in the embedded environment and provide fixes. Document the implementation, and be prepared to present and defend it to the world. Work with open source communities, and upstream the developed software.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering, or similar qualification by experience
- Fluent spoken and written English - ideally other European languages
Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in the cable, satellite or telco Connectivity Customer Premises Equipment software development would be advantageous
- Proven track record in software development
- Thorough experience with version control, specifically GIT, as well as other collaborative development tools
- Deep understanding of software development workflows. Expertise in userspace Linux development, in C and shell scripting
- Understanding of security aspects. At minimum a basic understanding and practical experience with cryptography, a good understanding of secure programming best practices, some experience with Linux system hardening, and basic knowledge of network threat analysis.
- Experience with different embedded SOC architectures including ARM, MIPS, and Intel x86 architectures.
- Customer premises equipment hardware and software development knowledge and experience
- Proven experience with software build systems. Experience with OpenEmbedded is a big plus.
- Understanding of open source ecosystems. A track record in open source software development is considered highly valuable.
- Excellent ability to quickly assimilate and understand software development challenges.
- Good overall knowledge/familiarity with telecommunications access technologies that may include: Ethernet, DOCSIS, xDSL
- Excellent working knowledge of current IP communication protocols
- Good knowledge of/familiarity with wireless LAN protocols
- Effective written and spoken, presentation and communication skills
- A systematic, disciplined, and analytical approach to problem-solving
- Ability to be supportive, consultative and collaborative and to work effectively across national boundaries
- At ease and effective in operating in an international working environment
Contract: ASAP until December 2019
Daily rate: max 450€