WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
Amsterdam, North Holland
€500 - €540 per day
11 months ago
- Design and integrate new in-house developed content workflow services for the video back office platform.
- Document component-level specifications.
- Act as the product owner for your services as part of the Agile / Scrum process.
- Write test cases for component validation.
- Participate in End to End Architecture design sessions for new features and interface with the platform product owners to understand the platform requirements.
- Share architectural design vision with both technical and non-technical team members, including fellow engineers, architects, product managers, designers, and analysts.
- Execute and/or delegate testing of components and their functionality
- Write clean, well-structured specifications and designs, covering all of the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Make technical design decisions with little supervision.
- Explore new relevant technologies, techniques, frameworks, tools, methodologies, and processes.
- Prepare handover documentation and training to train and instruct fellow engineers in your team and other teams.
Knowledge & Experience
Preferred education/ qualifications:
- University degree (Bachelor or Masters) in Computer Science, Science, Mathematics or equivalent.
- Fluent spoken and written English - ideally other European languages
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- At least 3 years of experience in back end design and/or development
- Excellent capability to write unambiguous technical requirements that require little clarification towards developers
- Excellent understanding of content workflow and/or back office systems
- Strong understanding of best practices for the software development life cycle, including Agile development, testing, integration and operations
- Strong, hands-on experience with HTTP, HTTP/2, RESTful and SOAP APIs, XML and JSON formats
- Strong, hands-on experience with Linux based servers
- Strong analytical skills; the ability to analyze at high level but also dive into low level details
- Experience with writing and debugging scripts in at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby, bash)
- Experience with video workflow systems and associated back office systems
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with automated deployment technologies
- Experience with TCP and DNS
- Experience with HTTP servers, proxies and CDNs
- Basic understanding Elastic Search, Kibana, Grafana etc.
- Basic understanding of SQL (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB) technologies
- Basic understanding of Java development is a big plus
- Familiarity with video delivery technologies (RTSP, ABR streaming, HLS, HSS, DASH)
- Familiarity with video protection systems (CAS, DRM)