WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
Amsterdam, North Holland
4 months ago
6 + extension
As an SOC Engineer, you know better than anyone what it takes, in today's time, to protect a company from cyber threats. By setting up monitoring, managing and creating security monitoring tools, you contribute to a secure IT environment.
The IT department is responsible for the entire ICT services, including the development of applications. The developers develop IT solutions that bring people and work closer together. Professional security testing of these solutions is essential to ensure the service.
What are you going to do?
As a SOC Engineer, you are the specialist who builds the tools, scripts and monitoring that the Security Monitor team uses for its task. Monitoring the application landscape.
Your main task is to build and manage the software and scripts to support the Security Operations as a whole. The focus will be on arranging monitoring for the applications together with development teams. This means that you will set up security monitoring based on provided log information.
You work in the Elastic Stack (ElasticSearch, Kibana), define what the (malicious) behavior is that triggers the 'tripwires' you built in our systems, and builds them into Python, among others.
Who are you working with?
You will work within the Security Monitor Team and are part of the Security Operations Team. In addition to Security Monitoring, there are 2 disciplines with whom you work closely (the Security Test Team and the Security Compliance Team).
You are expected to work independently on a regular basis. In addition, during security incidents, close cooperation will have to be carried out in which you will use your technical knowledge to mitigate a security incident.
The work area covers the entire IT landscape, all the applications we develop, but also the underlying servers and endpoints that are used throughout the country. So there is an interesting cross-pollination with other teams inside and outside the IT department.
- HBO/WO working and thinking level;
- You have several years of experience as a SOC Engineer or similar security role;
- You have demonstrable experience with the Elastic Stack (especially Elasticsearch and Kibana) or similar technologies (Splunk, ArcSight, IBM resilient);
- You can encode in Python;
- Resident in the Netherlands.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with development in a team and as an advantage the use of Git;
- Experience working within an IT enterprise environment
- You like chasing teams;
- Strong analytical ability;
- Being able to handle sensitive data ethically;
- Pro-active attitude and enthusiastic about the security profession;
- Good command of the English language in word and writing;
- Good command of the Dutch language is an advantage;
- Pragmatic, customer- and solution-oriented.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.