Snr Network Engineer
Vienna, Austria , €400.00 - €420.00 per day
2019-07-08 08:35:58 +0100
Essential: Strong network experience, Cisco, Juniper, F5, load balancers, OSPF, routing and switching. Supporting daily running of the network there.
Maintain and operate IP Networks
- He/She is able to troubleshoot issues in a large scale IP networks like Aorta/NA4 running routing protocols like OSPF, ISIS, BGP and MPLS applications like L2VPN, L3VPN, 6PE
- He/She inform and counsel his superiors in a way that they can manage any major technical escalations related to IP networks in an appropriate way, and plan and decide in due time about any appropriate operational improvement measures that need to be taken
- He/She is able to work within a team of engineers from different departments and vendors
- He/She is able to support his work with consistent and detailed documentation to a high quality
- He/She is able to work on trouble tickets, contributing high quality and useful information, picking up tickets properly and promptly, ensuring that updates are made with in SLAs
- Change management tasks like creation and approval of changes are also part of the responsibilities of a Network Engineer. Correlating and coordinating changes from different vendors and departments, making sure changes do not overlap and impact one another before approval/rejection, and ensuring management/vendors/departments are informed
- Working with the NMC to ensure that the appropriate alarms are generated from the networking equipment, with the correct severity and meta information
- Working with the NMC to ensure that they prioritize and escalate issues/incidents when needed promptly and clearly
- Liaise with vendors for incident and problem management
- Work on shifts
- Certify Junos, IOS and IOS-XR before deployment
- Maintain and upgrade the Corporate International IP/MPLS network (Aorta)
- He/She is able to update, manage and use effectively the NMS and capacity planning tools such as Spectrum, Cacti, Observer, Rancid, ACS, Splunk, Nagios, Junos Space
- He/She is able to use effectively Arbor Peakflow and Arbor Pravail
- He/She has basic Linux and scripting knowledge
- IP network projects implementation
- BGP Peering implementations
- Tier-2 support
- Provide guidance to tier-1 support engineers
- Provide support to LG affiliate Tier-1 and Tier-2 support engineers
- Provide leadership on incident resolution and ensure management is communicated clearly and transparently.
- Update incidents tickets promptly with detailed information.
- Ensure data analysis is done rigorously and saved to ticket logs.
- Ensure relevant processes are followed (Problem resolution, Change control and others)
- Follow the change and Incident Management process
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science/Electrical Engineering
- Proven experience in telecoms and/or ISP
- Experience with network automation using Ansible, Python network frameworks
- Unix/Linux OS experience, and PHP/Perl/Python
- Experience in the telecom industry, with systems support, design or implementation related roles
- Extensive knowledge of IP and networking protocols and basic scripting/programming skills
- Used to work with the Microsoft Windows and Office Suite
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Good interpersonal skills, able communicator
- Team player
- Experience in multinational and multicultural environment
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR YOU?
We understand that our network is the most important asset to our business, so we truly value recommendations. If you have a friend who is looking to take the next step in their career, let us know and we can help them.We have an excellent range of prizes to choose from.
Please note that your recommendation must be working in a position we place them in for a minimum of 3 months for a permanent role, or 1 month for a contract role