Site Reliability Engineer
Wil, Switzerland , Swiss Franc100000.00 - Swiss Franc120000.00 per annum
2019-01-21 12:06:43 +0000
Leading provider of Web-based business software for small businesses. Rapidly expanding business. Flat hierarchies and short decision-making paths.
Are you a Site Reliability Engineer looking for a new challenge? Are you based in/or want to work in Rapperswil, Sankt Gallen? Are you looking for a tight-knit team where you can offer fantastic support to a large number of small businesses across Switzerland?
Our client is one of the leaders in the Swiss market for Cloud-based business software. They support small business and SME offices across Switzerland - coming up with the best custom office solutions for their clients. They currently have over 20,000 companies making use of their software and are growing massively.
To make 2019 a successful year of growth they are looking to bring on a top-notch Site Reliability Engineer to join their team.
As the right candidate, you have:
- 4+ years experience in systems and software engineering in a Cloud/SaaS environment
- Experience working in collaborative environments with internal and external stakeholders
- An understanding of fault tolerance and cascading failures
- The ability to define monitoring and alerting needs
- Knowledge of capacity management and planning
- The ability to determine performance requirements and potential bottlenecks
- The ability to write scripts and code to reduce and simplify work
- Experienced with Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Familiar with managing and diagnosing modern medium-scale web-services architecture based on LAMP
- Familiar with cloud-services
- Competent in scripting in Python, Java or PHP
- Fluent in English
- Knowledgeable in German as a bonus
- A Swiss or EU National
- Working with external hosting partners to maintain sufficient system capacity (including auto-scaling)
- Identification of upcoming system requirements and forecasting future capacity needs
- Defining the right trade-offs and system architecture to meet needs
- Translating needs into operation requirements for the software engineering team
- Identifying repetitive tasks and continuously work on automation and simplification to reduce the operational workload
- Overseeing reliability and troubleshooting of production issues
- Implementing additional monitoring systems where necessary
- Proactively identifying faults as they arise
- Located in Rapperswil (additional offices in Germany)
- Modern infrastructure and high-end equipment
- 5 years in the market with 20,000 customers (and rising)
- 100 employees across all areas
- Swiss market leader in cloud-based business software
- 7 out of 100 for Top Swiss Start-Ups in 2016
- Best Software Start-Up in Switzerland in 2017
- Open and honest working atmosphere
- Personal development opportunities
- Freedom of work environment
- Flexible working hours
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- Employee events, team lunches, and Friday chillouts
If you meet the above requirements, please get in contact ASAP to discuss further.
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR YOU?
We understand that our network is the most important asset to our business, so we truly value recommendations. If you have a friend who is looking to take the next step in their career, let us know and we can help them.We have an excellent range of prizes to choose from.
Please note that your recommendation must be working in a position we place them in for a minimum of 3 months for a permanent role, or 1 month for a contract role