WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
4 months ago
Site Reliability Engineer for Service Insights
I am currently supporting our big client from the finance environment. We are searching for a Site Reliability Engineer to support us in the next 12 months. The ideal candidate would be a person with a similar previous experience and fluent English.
- Start date: ASAP
- Duration: 12 months with opportunity of extension
- Work amount: 100%
- Work location: Zurich
About the role:
We develop and operate state-of-the-art logging and monitoring platforms to collect application behavior information, detect or mitigate service interruptions, and provide associated reporting capabilities to help application and platform owners identify growing risks, have a clear understanding of their SLAs, reduce mean time to resolution, and stay ahead of the curve on long-term trends.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- developing and operating state-of-the-art logging, monitoring & event management platforms to help application and platform owners to better understand their workloads running in multi-cloud platforms
- providing consultancy service in logging & monitoring to application, product and service owners as well as developers
- part of a squad of very dynamic, highly motivated and diverse engineers
- working closely with developers and application owner to improve our cloud infrastructure and application stability and resilience
- Strong practical experience with implementation on Azure - hands-on
- Software development, continuous integration/deployment and system engineering experience in cloud-native ecosystems
- Experience with a container orchestration system (e.g. Kubernetes) with solid security and network skills
- Experience in a modern language e.g. Golang, Java and in scripting languages (PowerShell, Python and advanced bash scripting)
- Strong software engineering background, problem resolution focused, willing to learn, fast learner
- Passionate learner who stays up-to-date with the latest trends and can vet with pragmatism and long term vision the adoption of new technologies
- Willing to work with open-source application and infrastructure monitoring tools e.g. Elastic stack (ELK), Influx stack (TICK), Prometheus and Grafana
- Excellent oral and written English skills, additional language skills are a plus
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.