SharePoint Infrastructure Engineer
Zürich, Switzerland , Swiss Franc800 - Swiss Franc900 per day
2019-04-15 10:29:48 +0100
- Upgrade custom solution intranet farm from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2016 using database attach migration and help development team to migrate their custom solutions.
- Upgrade the OS for four SharePoint 2016 farms from Win2012R2 to Win2016 by replacing the servers role by role within the farms.
1) Enterprise Portal Infrastructure Upgrade
Upgrade custom solution intranet farm from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2016 using database attach migration and help development team to migrate their custom solutions.
High level migration steps
- Farm design with dedicated new EP farms (SharePoint 2016) in ESC in DEV/UAT/Prod (Farm architecture; Tec-user and admin concept; certificates, LB, Kerberos)
- Design firewall zone setup
- SQL server design with AOG
- Create servers using Windows Server 2016
- Create puppet role definition
- Create DSC configuration for farm setup
- create migration plan
- Base setup farms (DEV; UAT; PRD)
- database migration (iterations)
- Support dev team with migration
2) Upgrade Collab farm from Win2012 to Win2016
Upgrade the OS for four SharePoint 2016 farms from Win2012R2 to Win2016 by replacing the servers role by role within the farms.
- Plan the migration
- Define puppet template(s) for SharePoint
- Modify DSC and move non-application configurations to puppet
- Update DSC to Windows 2016
- Plan and test the upgrade scenario in DEV, replace farm member servers one by one
- Special investigation needed for search servers
- Replace WFE servers HDEV
- Replace APP servers HDEV
- Replace Search servers HDEV
- Align Hybrid SSA in HDAV (add to DSC)
- Replace BI servers HDEV
- Replace DC servers HDEV
- Replace WFE servers UAT
- Replace APP servers UAT
- Replace Search servers UAT
- Replace BI servers UAT
- Replace DC servers UAT
- Replace WFE servers PRD
- Replace APP servers PRD
- Replace Search servers PRD
- Replace BI servers PRD
- Replace DC servers PRD
- Upgrade all Experimental servers
- Training on Windows 2016 for the team and operations
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR YOU?
We understand that our network is the most important asset to our business, so we truly value recommendations. If you have a friend who is looking to take the next step in their career, let us know and we can help them.We have an excellent range of prizes to choose from.
Please note that your recommendation must be working in a position we place them in for a minimum of 3 months for a permanent role, or 1 month for a contract role