Senior Systems Engineer
Utrecht, Netherlands , €45000.00 - €75000.00 per annum + extra benefits
2019-02-22 14:10:54 +0000
Senior System Engineer
We are looking for a Senior System Engineer to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot the rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission-critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
The Senior System Engineer fulfils a key part in ensuring the Technical Services activities run as smooth and effective as possible. This role works independently and as a team member on tasks, developments and projects
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design and implementation of operational systems.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant professional certifications
- MCSA Certification
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows Server-based environments
- Experience with VMware ESXi & Virtual Center Server
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Basic scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, PowerShell, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Basic networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Experience with ITIL processes
- MCSE Certification
- VMware Certified Professional Certification (6/6.5)
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
The Company offers a competitive compensation package which includes pay for performance bonus, continuing education program and personal expense benefit.
Looking for a new challenge as a Senior System Engineer or do you know someone who fits the profile?
Then you can contact Dario Mulder at firstname.lastname@example.org or call to +31(0)20 305 85 59.
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR YOU?
We understand that our network is the most important asset to our business, so we truly value recommendations. If you have a friend who is looking to take the next step in their career, let us know and we can help them.We have an excellent range of prizes to choose from.
Please note that your recommendation must be working in a position we place them in for a minimum of 3 months for a permanent role, or 1 month for a contract role