WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
8 months ago
Senior SRE (Berlin)
Our client is connecting over 100 000 cars and helps thousands of customers seamlessly manage their car fleets around the world through real time data. They are constantly growing, and to make it possible, they will need the platform and infrastructure that will enable this growth. Last year the Platform and Infrastructure team decided that the best solution would be rebuilding the entire infrastructure from scratch. So now, they are in the process of migrating their solution Amazon CDK, and to make this process even smoother, they're looking for a new team member.
In this role:
- You design and implement secure, highly available, and scalable infrastructure
- You automate system and application infrastructure using IaC solution (CDK)
- You improve observability and monitoring solutions
- You design and implement internal tools/packages to enable other software development teams
- You improve the company's core backend services
THE TECH STACK
- They use Python (with Flask and FastAPI) for Backend development, and Typescript with Amazon CDK for Infrastructure as Code
- They focus on the application layer. Our cloud-native Service-Oriented-Architecture is making use of managed AWS services like DynamoDB, ECS, Kinesis, Lambda, S3, API Gateway
- API-first! All clients communicate with our backend via RESTful, JSON-based APIs, fully documented by OpenAPI/Swagger.
- Deployments are fully automated and based on Docker or AWS Lambda.
- 5+ years' experience
- Commercial experience with Infrastructure as Code (i.e. CDK, CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Experience running, monitoring, and securing production software on a cloud platform (i.e., AWS, GCP)
- Experience in designing highly available systems
- Experience with backend application development
- Experience with Python or willingness to learn it
- Role within a team of experienced engineers, that solves complex and challenging technical problems
- Building a system infrastructure from early stage with a lot of greenfield areas
- Quick, sustainable growth & secure funding
- Agile work environment with flat hierarchies and an international team
- Permanent full-time position with flexible work hours and a company laptop
- Personal learning budget to support your professional growth, as well as free in-house language courses
- Access to company carsharing, fresh fruit and free drinks around the office, frequent company events, and a variety of other perks, including a membership with Urban Sports Club
- Great financial package
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.