WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
5 months ago
Join us in making roads safer by making drivers better!
Do you want to have global impact? Cambridge Mobile Telematics' DriveWell SDK is embedded in mobile apps used by millions of drivers around the world. The DriveWell SDK enables apps to detect when a user begins driving, to collect sensor data from their phone and to deliver the data to our backend and measure how well the user drives.
CMT is seeking an experienced Android Software Engineer to help enhance our DriveWell SDK. The DriveWell SDK is responsible for collecting and processing sensor data from on-phone and external sensors and reliably transmitting the data to our telematics platform. The DriveWell SDK provides much of the data needed by CMT's family of products including our telematics platform and Claims Studio.
- Write Android code using Java or Kotlin
- Develop reliable and robust software to capture and process data from on-board and external sensors
- Develop bandwidth and battery efficient algorithms to process platform specific sensor data, detect driving and other activity, and deliver that data to the CMT backend
- Enhance and expand the data sensing and processing capabilities of the DriveWell SDK, e.g. by developing algorithms and techniques to detect and respond to vehicle motion in real-time
- Work with product managers to define requirements for new features
- Troubleshoot sensor and trip detection issues that occur in the field
- Practice and follow a quality assistance approach to assuring software quality
- Define APIs and interfaces that make it easier for developers to integrate our SDK in their mobile apps
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience developing for the Android platform
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Proficient in Java; Familiar with Kotlin
- Ability to write correct, clear, reliable and testable code
- Experience with automated testing tools and testing frameworks (e.g., Mockito, Robolectric, AndroidX Test, etc.)
- Familiarity with build tools (e.g. Android Studio, gradle) and common frameworks (JetPack)
Cambridge Mobile Telematics' (CMT) mission is to make the world's roads and drivers safer. Since its first product launch in 2012 that pioneered mobile usage-based insurance, CMT has become the world's leading telematics and analytics provider for insurers, rideshares, and fleets. CMT's DriveWell platform uses mobile sensing and behavioral science to measure driving risk and incentivize safer driving, while its Claims Studio reduces the claims cycle time with real-time crash detection, crash reconstruction, and damage assessment using telematics and artificial intelligence. CMT has over 50 active programs with insurers and other partners, improving safety for millions of drivers every day around the world. Started based on research at MIT and backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund to fuel its rapid growth, CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow CMT on Twitter @cmtelematics.
Our Benefits Include:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k match)
- Life Insurance (Basic & AD&D)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Parental Leave
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Work From Home
- Flexible Scheduling Options
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.