WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
7 months ago
The skilled Software Engineer will be involved, at varying degrees, in the following:
* Designing and developing software using MS Visual Studio, C#, .NET and UI technologies such Angular and HTML5;
* Designing and developing database components and software modules for Lucas' software products;
* Extending MS Windows services, IIS, and multi-threaded server and mobile client applications;
* Designing and developing host interfaces using various transfer methods (e.g., socket, XML, FTP, JSON etc.);
* Debugging and tuning of applications using Visual Studio, Profiler, and various in-house tools;
* Assisting Lucas' software services/support team with troubleshooting and developing fixes and enhancements for existing client deployments
At the Senior level:
* Working with Lucas Project Managers and customers to gather requirements as well as Product Managers to build a stronger product offering; working directly with Lucas' customers to gather requirements and design functional specifications to provide unique solutions that increase efficiency and solve operational challenges;
* Serving sometimes as the technical lead for customer projects, supervising other engineers to meet both internal and external expectations;
* Developing architecture diagrams and software specifications;
* Assisting in the creation of system specifications, systems installations and customer training;
* Coordinating and conducting user testing and training;
* Developing prototypes for R&D evaluation; and
* Evaluating new software tools.
What skills you will need:
* Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline together with a minimum of 3+ years of related practical software engineering experience is required.
* Object-oriented programming (preferably C#.NET) and database skills (preferably SQL Server).
* Experience with Visual Studio, MVC, Angular, Message Queues, and Mobile Applications preferred.
* Commitment to producing high quality, well-designed and flexible applications.
* Solid troubleshooting, analytical, and organisational skills with attention to detail.
* Dedication to collaborative working style and desire to learn and adopt new technologies.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to travel occasionally (up to 15% applicable for Tech Leads).
Additional valued experience:
Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) or other supply chain software solutions; systems that include mobile devices; Android development; microservices based software.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.