WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
€50000.00 - €65000.00 per annum
8 months ago
Senior Node Dev who can take on some additional leadership duties in Dusseldorf.
Who is this company?
An A.I technology start-up with €5M+ in Series A funding. Their product is sold on a licence fee of €100,000 to over €1M per licence. The business is 40+ people in Dusseldorf harbour and is successfully generating millions in annual revenue. They are selling locally in NRW and as far as the USA and Asia.
Why are we hiring?
What is your purpose with us?
As as a NodeJS Developer you will be working on the 36 micro-services which execute business logic. (For example, a customer builds business logic in the UI which then gets converted into code with code generators - you might be working on these code generators too.)
Of course you will also work on the REST API's interacting with huge amounts of data too, but the BIG project here is version 4.0 of the product. Major refactoring of the services is planned. Adding more Unit Tests to improve test coverage in automatic build pipelines to help develop version 4.0 even faster.
Why should you join?
- Investor confidence in the product is very high making them a stable and secure start-up employer
- Flat hierarchy enabling fast-moving changes and decision making
- Developers enjoy a high degree of freedom & control over how specific features are built
- Virtual stocks after 6 months of employment
- Up to €12,000 variable annual bonus
- 2 day Christmas part in a European city (Amsterdam last year)
- 1 week company holiday for everyone! (This year Mallorca)
Who are we searching for?
- It is important you are a fast-learner in our modern industry
- We expect you to be a technology enthusiast, ready to adopt new things
- A team player
Essential tech knowledge:
- Totally fluent in NodeJS
- Very strong in Typescript
- Good understanding of networks
Bonus tech knowledge:
- Knowledge in Redis and MongoDB
- Understanding of how Docker / Kubernetes containers work
- Networks topology
The existing tech stack:
- Packaged in Docker
- MongoDB & Redis are the main data store (Will integrate SQL flavours later this year)
- Modern RESTful API's for user interface communication
- Socket IO & Sock.JS websockets for real time chat communication protocols
- RabbitMQ message brokers holds together their 36 microservices (will introduce other AMQP and MQTT messaging to the product next year)
- Various backend libraries including Extract for building API services
- Mongoose for connecting MongoDB
- Python is used for the Natural Language Understanding