Senior PHP Developer
Berlin, Germany , €50000.00 - €65000.00 per annum
2018-05-31 11:49:27 +0100
"one of the, if not the best cloud based platform in their industry across both America and Europe"
The company hiring for are not your 'bog standard' company that sell you the world and deliver on none of the promises! How do I know this? I have helped build the team over the past 3 years with over 35 permanent employees! They are currently one of the, if not the best cloud based platform in their industry across both America and Europe.
- Currently 200 people across the business with around 150 based in Berlin - tech is roughly 60-65
- The business is currently analysing large quantities of data, extracting that data and producing reports for very large businesses across the globe - they love data!
- The business is currently well financed and self sufficient
They are looking for a PHP Developer responsible for managing backend services and the exchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the frontend. You will also be responsible for integrating the frontend elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of frontend technologies is necessary as well.
- You build efficient, testable, and reusable software modules
- You solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- You handle the integration of data storage solutions (ElasticSearch, MySQL, Redis, Cassandra ...)
- You are responsible for continuous integration and deployment (Docker)
- You have the willingness to learn and improve as well as you are open to work with new Technologies
Required skills & experience:
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks such as Symphony2, Composer, optional Zend1 (legacy code)
- Understanding of design patterns and object oriented programming
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Understanding of the limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds and of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Ability to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiar with SQL/NoSQL databases and how to query them
- Proficiency in Linux
- Proficient understanding of code management tools, such as Git
- Knowledge of the AWS ecosystem is preferred but not mandatory
- Java experience is a plus
- You are open minded and a team Player
My client are offering an exciting and challenging opportunity in which creativity is very much appreciated. You will be involved in a high performance team and play a major role in the success of the company. Apart from an attractive earning potential, exceptional development opportunities and a vibrant environment you can expect to be part of a dynamic and driven team.
- Very competitive salary with benefits and fantastic office premises in Central Berlin
- You will receive training and support in order to work effectively
- A very experienced, motivated and dynamic team environment
- Free fitness membership, internal sports courses and in-house gym
- Free coffee, fruits and drinks
- Weekly company breakfast, monthly brown bag sessions and pizza days
- Team and company events
- We are a dog friendly company
If you are at all interested in the position, or curious to find out more - there is NO reason for you not to apply. I look forward to your application!