WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
€60000.00 - €75000.00 per annum
4 months ago
In Germany the insurance industry is a little "behind the times". We have created insurance products utilizing predictive analytics to improve the accuracy and delivery speed of health cover to accident victims
- 150 Employee's, 20 people in tech team
- Predictive analytics products to automobile & health insurers
- International English-speaking business
Why are we hiring?
We are hiring a Senior PHP Programmer to rebuild this product in PHP because of the benefits of having a 100% PHP based product suite offers. Team members can more easily move between projects if there is a workload spike, more easily share problem-solving ideas across teams, and of course some technical advantages.
Why join us?
You will contribute right from the begging at the conception of the new product. As a Senior Developer your experience will be applied broadly across software architecture, database structures, programming quality guidelines and eventual implementation and release. The only current tech requirement is that Cockpit is built in PHP - beyond that you will decide frameworks, tools etc…
It's the kind of product where you will absolutely leave your mark and it's a product that will have real-world implications to real people during a time in their life where they rely on support for their health and recovery.
You will also benefit from the below:
- Highly flexible working conditions
- Home office up to 2 - 3 days per week once passing probation
- Great work / life balance, there are a number of parents in the team. There is even child-friendly space to work from in the office!
- Paid-for overtime, if you are in an intense project and having to work extra hours
- A working environment geared towards ownership of your work, where you are encouraged to be curious and solve the "bigger picture"
- A team who don't just fix bugs in shitty code, they fix the code thanks to the "leave as you would like to find" dev culture
- The hierarchy really is flat. Really it is, this isn't just a cliché
- Highly Agile SCRUM set-up
- Modern tech stack, in both dev tools and dev infrastructure
What experience do you need?
You must be a senior level developer and competent in software architecture. Our products utilise a huge amount of
data so you should be comfortable in highly complex backends with complex data structures.
We expect the appropriate technical profile to look something like this:
- 5+ years PHP in complex backends
- Experience of modern PHP frameworks (Symfony, Laravel etc…) to be able to decide which framework is
- best for Cockpit
- MySQL is our common database, you should be very competent here
- Agile SCRUM history