Senior PHP Developer
Zürich, Switzerland , Swiss Franc115000.00 - Swiss Franc120000.00 per annum
2019-01-24 11:24:51 +0000
1.8 million unique clients. Over 1 million users in Switzerland each month. Huge player in the media industry.
Are you a senior PHP developer looking to join a cross-functional team in an agile/scrum environment? Are you passionate about providing news and media for the younger generation? Are you looking for the chance to progress from a Senior PHP Developer into a Lead Architect?
Our client, a Swiss news platform with a massive market share, is looking for a Senior PHP Developer to join their unique team. They boast a dynamic work environment and open spaces to bring your own ideas and get your ideas implemented and discussed. They operate online 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to bring news to young people in a way they can enjoy and have over 1 million unique users a month in Switzerland alone, with a further branch reaching out to the German market.
They are offering the opportunity for a Senior PHP Developer to join their dynamic environment and have the chance to grow into a Lead Architect for the team.
To be the right developer for this, you have:
- A senior level of experience in PHP programming
- Expert knowledge of MySQL
- Several years experience with web technologies such as ElasticSearch, Varnish, Nginx etc
- Experience working with Ansible/Python
- Experience in working in an agile team/scrum team (and enjoy it)
- Eager to take on more responsibilities and lead the team
- Proud of your code and strive for the highest quality in all you do
- A team player who wants to work in a cross-functional team
- Interested in the news and media industry
- Good with both German and English
- A Swiss or EU national
- Technical responsibility and further development of both the Swiss and German online platforms
- Further development of core components of their CMS
- Performing code reviews
- Technical planning and creating technical plans
- Taking part in strategic initiatives
- Being part of server maintenance and automation (Ansible/python)
- 1.8 million unique clients
- Over 1 million unique users in Switzerland each month
- 5 years in the media industry
- Around 60 employees total, 8 in the development team
- News and entertainment providers - online 24/7
- Eager for collaboration and ideas from the team members
- Technical freedom to create your own workspace
- Design freedom and room to bring your own ideas to the project
- Great team/team dynamic with skilled colleagues
- Strong corporate culture
- Dynamic and fast-paced environment - no chance of a dull day here!
- Flat hierarchies with short decision paths and inclusive atmosphere
- Coffee maker and organic vitamins within your reach whenever you need them
- Central Zurich location
- Friday beers (and plenty of good memories to go along with it)
If you meet the above requirements, please get in contact ASAP to discuss further.
Managing This Role
I specialise in permanent placements within PHP development in the Swiss market. Working alongside my account manager Laura Cannon we help find the best opportunities for junior...Megan's Full Bio