Senior Linux Engineer for Data Center.
Senior Linux Engineer for Data Center
€65000 - €85000 per year|
NB: For this vacancy, we are only considering local candidates and cannot offer relocation services.
Are you a senior Linux engineer looking for a challenging next step? Looking for a role in which you can let loose your creativity and develop tech adoption roadmaps, establish processes and more? Are you looking to get your hands dirty with the tech but also lead a small team in the implementations?
My client is looking for a Senior Linux Engineer to join them in working with the most cutting-edge technologies in networking and server infrastructure. Their mission is to drive open hardware and software technologies, so enterprises benefit from total ownership optimization. They have current ambitions to grow the team, and they're looking for a personable and charismatic senior engineer to help them with this mission.
You will be working in server hardware infrastructure environments, your responsibilities will be:
- To develop and lead a roadmap for introducing orchestration, and process establishment of new services to the companies' bare-metal as a service platform.
- To optimize the assembly, configuration, provisioning, and delivery of open source infrastructure by using existing tools and new technology.
- Implement new services based on the latest trends that solve key challenges. Lots of freedom in this role!
- Connect internal systems through scripting.
- In-depth knowledge of Red Hat Linux but knowledge of Ubuntu, CentOS and Debian are also welcome.
- Red Hat Engineer Certification (RHCE), or Red Hat Systems Administrator (RHCSA) is preferred. The willingness to obtain these is also fine, and we'll even pay this for you!
- Experience with configuration and provisioning frameworks like Ansible, Puppet, and Git.
- Experience scripting with either Shell/Bash or Python.
- Good understanding of IP networking (firewalls, load balancers, routing and switching protocols).
- Nice to have: some knowledge of containerization and virtualization tech like Kubernetes and VMware.
Who are you?
- You are comfortable with coding, and with guiding a small team.
- Getting your 'hands-dirty' mindset and establishing processes.
- You think outside of the box and are motivated and driven.
- You've outgrown your current role and looking to expand your knowledge.
What we offer:
- A great salary (up to 85k according to your experience)
- The chance to be creative and make an impact with your work
- No on-call support. Only work during office hours at our office
If you're an innovative hands-on engineer who loves to be creative from a tech perspective and wants to take ownership to decide how the company reaches its goals, APPLY NOW!
Have questions? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 020 305 8545
We realize that we ask a lot and that the perfect candidate sometimes does not exist, but we urge you to still apply even if you're an 80% match.
Keywords: Linux, Red Hat, Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, Ansible, Puppet, Python, Shell, Bash, Networking, CCNA, Routing, Switching, Load Balancer, Firewalls, Kubernetes, Vmware
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Infrastructure.
Program Manager Cloud
Our client in the Cyber Security/Infrastructure space is looking for a Program Manager with extensive experience in change management and...
Senior DevOps Engineer
We are looking to speak to any senior DevOps engineers that would like to work with fun and exciting products....
Linux Engineer - Mission Critical
Are you specialized in Linux and looking for your next step to take the lead in this? My client is...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.