WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
€55000.00 - €75000.00 per annum
6 months ago
With over 200 million public data feeds daily our various products can detect fake news, identify the source and de-bunk. They can be applied to media monitoring for DAX companies. We can provide big data analytics. We offer a lot of insights!
Our products connect cutting-edge data technologies with an optimal personal service via data science areas including information retrieval and processing, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, information visualisation, large-scale system design and highly scalable UI's.
- 700 employees in 6 global offices
- €32 million annual turnover in 2017
- An international employee culture in Koln city, English is the main spoken language
Why join us?
If autonomy and freedom is your dream engineering environment, we will be your utopia! Our Head of IT has built a team of highly skilled senior engineers who have the experience to be given requirements and create the solutions however they feel necessary.
The team chooses whichever programming languages, tools and methods they feel are appropriate for the job. They are expert solution thinkers, not experts in one specific programming language.
This is a great environment to improve your high level programming abilities. You will be surrounded by people who have elite knowledge in the logic of backend, architecture and high code quality methods.
Why are we hiring?
We are transforming an existing on-premise PHP/JAVA/MySQL data platform into a cloud-first setup in Google Cloud Platform. We will partially rewrite, partially migrate the solution and will massively improve the business value with "traditional" and Machine-Learning-based automation
New code for our robust high-volume production solution will be added in the cloud where we have chosen the appropriate languages and tools for the task. The tech team has direct access to the business team to exactly understand requirements and focus on the right priorities
The current tech team in Koln is 30 people, 15 of those are software engineers organized into smaller SCRUM teams. This year we will hire 3 - 4 more software engineers, there will not be a drastic change in the team. Steady growth.
What experience are we looking for?
- You should be familiar with modern cloud concepts such as containers, Kubernetes, and serverless computing
- Have worked on enterprise scale software solutions, with very high loads and lots of data
- Have a track record creating secure, well tested and maintainable code
- Someone who is confident in a fullstack role, especially in building scalable UI's
- We don't want a UX designer, but we would like a person who is aware of good UX / UI principles