WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
about 2 months ago
SR. DATA SCIENTIST, MEMBERSHIP ANALYTICS
The Membership Analytics Team is BJ's internal advanced analytics consultancy. The Team is responsible for a wide range of analysis in support of BJ's efforts to strengthen member loyalty, improve retention, acquire high quality members and increase member lifetime value. The Lead Data Scientist will be responsible for leveraging BJ's wealth of data though the use of advanced statistical methods.
- Extract actionable insights from complex datasets using data mining, statistics, and database techniques to measure/understand/improve member acquisition/engagement KPIs
- Apply Data Science methods along with project management skills to assist in developing new approaches to member acquisition, engagement and promotion
- Work cross functionally with stakeholders to ensure data-driven answers are provided and recommended
- Build reports, dashboards, and other analytical tools to help communicate the state of business
- Apply data mining/machine learning/statistics in areas outside of membership/marketing
- Works with and streamlines established data warehouses, production data, and available tools to build strategic datasets in support of key initiatives
- Establishes and systematically performs processes to assess and validate data accuracy
- Experience with data ETL in at least one of the following scripting language: Python/R/SAS/SQL
- Experience developing and productionizing machine learning models (supervised/unsupervised learning, linear/logistic regression, decision trees, neural networks)
- Experience with AWS preferred
- Minimum 5 years of data analysis/processing experience; 3 years of data science experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Data Science and Analytics background with the ability to apply analytical skills to business problems
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most tasks are performed while seated indoors at a personal computer.
- Limited travel may be required periodically throughout the year.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Data Engineer - Python, AWS, Docker, CI/CD, Zurich A leading, international customer of mine in the education industry is looking to develop it's team in Zurich by hiring a talented Data Engineer. In this role, you would be responsible for developing the new data platform on AWS as well as combining general and in-depth technical skills to build the future of data processing in the business. You would be responsible for running integrations with various systems as well as managing deployment pipelines. Working alongside Data Scientists you would also be responsible for a machine learning application. The business is looking for someone who has strong experience working as a Data Engineer with proficiency in Python programming. Strong experience with AWS ecosystems and services is essential. Good skills and knowledge in Docker containers and CI/CD would also be an advantage. The business would be open to someone starting the role remotely but ideally work in Zurich when suitable at some stage in the future. If you feel this role would be interesting and that your experience is a good match, please apply by sending your CV and we'll arrange a call soon. Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy). Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests. We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.
You will be part of the customer journey team which exists of a product owner, digital marketeers, developers, data engineers and scientists. Working from Amsterdam this team is transforming the on-boarding of clients into a fully digital process. What are you going to do? Analysing and modelling business processes (process flows) Capturing, translating and implementing of business needs Defining requirements in a SMART way and track progress on delivery Be a bridge between the business and supporting departments Assist in the creation of user stories and acceptance criteria Own the user stories in Jira What do you need to do the job? The confidence to speak up when something can be done better or smarter and the ability to accept compromises when necessary. Understand the current and future customer needs across various steps in the customer journey. A passion for turning data into valuable information. Ability to interact with technical resources and effectively communicate technical information and processes to relevant stakeholders. Working experience in integrations of back-end with front-end solutions. Knowledge of the process modelling method BPMN (Business Process Model and Notation) Big plus if you have history in marketing or marketing applications Working experience with Atlassian (Confluence, Jira), Slack and Gitlab. I'm hiring fast. Don't delay - send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, message me via LinkedIn or give me a call right away! Kind regards, Tony Sleper | Tech Recruiter Tony.Sleper@darwinrecruitment.com + 31 (0) 20 - 30 500 71 Mobile: 0652032575 Darwin Recruitment Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Senior BI Engineer (FinTech) Berlin Python, Airflow/DBT Snowflake, Kafka SQL, Tableau Currently working with a very innovative and extremely well-funded FinTech start-up in Berlin who are big on drive, passion and motivation! Having received an exponential amount of investment they have already begun to scale across all departments and their main focus is to implement technology and automation partnering with businesses such as HSBC and Blackrock. Now seeking a very experienced Senior expert in the realm of Business Intelligence, Engineering/Development and Data Analytics to drive their complex data platforms and models; maintain their existing DWH and implement new solutions and use-cases moving forwards, visualising new ideas and mentoring/training other members of the data platform team. This is a hands-on development position; the ideal candidate will have the below attributes: Strong background experience within BI development (3-4 years hands-on professional experience) High level of commitment, responsibility and the ability to communicate and liaise with team members Able to solve problems on your own and take initiative Very strong SQL and ETL pipeline experience Technical skills: Python, Kafka, Snowflake, Airflow, DBT, Tableau and SQL If you are interested to learn about the business model, duties and competitive package please send me your CV and call availability ASAP: Rebecca.Newson@darwinrecruitment.com Please note this role is urgent and therefore the interview process will take 2-3 weeks in total to complete. Please only apply if you can commit to the whole interview process imminently. Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.