Senior Data Scientist
United States Virgin Island, United States Virgin Island , US$120000.00 - US$150000.00 per annum + benefits
2019-06-18 15:24:47 +0100
Our client, a cool cutting edge fintech company who are harnessing the power of data analytics and artificial intelligence to tailor financial advice/solutions through their innovative mobile application, is looking for a highly experienced and motivated Senior Data Scientist to join their team.
The main objective of our clients Data Science team is to improve the services being offered via their core product. This has a direct impact on the overall user experience. By designing and constructing data-driven models, the Data Science Team is able to provide users with indispensable knowledge and meaningful advice on how they can achieve their personal finance goals.
The app helps you:
- Select the best financial products for your needs
- Taking the right actions to improve your credit score
- Anticipate your future financial health based on your current financial status and history
With these goals in mind, their engineering team use the latest cloud technologies and machine learning tools in order to exploit the potential of data analytics. There are always new and interesting projects on the horizon too!
- 5+ years of experience in Java, Spring and MySQL (or any relational database) and Python
- Experience with databases (including NoSQL)
- Experience in machine learning frameworks and libraries
- Supervised and Unsupervised learning
- Machine learning concepts and techniques: Regularization, Boosting, Random Forests, Decision Trees, Bayesian models, Neural networks, Support Vector Machines (SVM)
- Experience with the whole ETL data cycle (extract, validate, transform, clean, aggregate, audit, archive)
- Proven background leading projects/teams as you will be the lead Data Scientist and have 2 others reporting into you directly.
- Potential for stock options after the first year
- Regular salary review and advancement opportunities based on periodic evaluations
- Health benefits
- This position can be performed fully remotely from within or outside the US. In case you will be working from outside the US, please be aware this position requires an overlap with EST business hours.
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR YOU?
We understand that our network is the most important asset to our business, so we truly value recommendations. If you have a friend who is looking to take the next step in their career, let us know and we can help them.We have an excellent range of prizes to choose from.
Please note that your recommendation must be working in a position we place them in for a minimum of 3 months for a permanent role, or 1 month for a contract role