Senior Data Engineer
Berlin, Germany , flexi hours + development/training
2019-04-01 13:44:05 +0100
Mid-Level & Senior Data Engineers- Berlin and Braunschweig
Python/ Scala and Hadoop/ Spark/ SQL/ ETL/ Data Models
Are you a Data Engineer looking for the next step, seeking strong career progression?
I am working on behalf of one of the largest E-Commerce companies in Berlin, known worldwide in over 40 countries with 18,000 employees.
Due to hiring and expanding their head office they are now seeking both mid-level Data Engineers and Senior Data Engineers in Berlin (English speaking) and Braunschweig (German speaking)
You will be working on designing ETL processes and data models, to successfully implement and optimise effective data processing architecture, working closely with your cross-functional data colleagues in both data engineering and data science.
Benefits to you:
- Above average salary packages
- Excellent career prospects in Data Engineering and Data Science
- Operationalisation of Data Science models
- Development opportunities through conferences/ training
- Freedom to use your creativity, initiative and gain responsibility from day one
- Previous experience as a Software Developer in two> Python/ Java or Scala
- Degree in computer science or comparable studies
- Strong database knowledge (SQL)
- Experience with Hadoop/ Spark or Mesos is an advantage
- Interested in building scalable pipelines
- Experience with container systems and continuous deployment also a bonus
- Two years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Strong programming skills in Scala and Python
- Experience with databases, data models and ETL processes
- Knowledge of containers and the use of continuous deployment advantage
- Experience in the application of modern software development methods as well as design and implementation of microservice architecture a plus
Please send me your CV and call availability to: Rebecca.Newson@darwinrecruitment.com
German based candidates only please due to my client's visa abilities and due to Brunswick role being German speaking.
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR YOU?
We understand that our network is the most important asset to our business, so we truly value recommendations. If you have a friend who is looking to take the next step in their career, let us know and we can help them.We have an excellent range of prizes to choose from.
Please note that your recommendation must be working in a position we place them in for a minimum of 3 months for a permanent role, or 1 month for a contract role