Senior Data Engineer
Berlin, Germany , Negotiable
2019-01-14 11:06:42 +0000
My client is one of the leading top 20 German Banks and with over 3.8 million customers are ranked as number 2 Direct Banks. They are one of the pioneers of the digital banking platform, enabling customers a safe, secure and convenient Banking experience. They're looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join an agile Data team with full transparency across the business operations, where you'll be working on developing the data infrastructure in the cloud enabling the Data Science/Machine Learning functions to make business critical decisions based on the data analysis.
- Implement and administer AWS cloud data infrastructure.
- Prepare data for the data science applications and identify data sources across the business.
- Monitor data quality and manage defects within the business.
- Implement best data practises inline with data governance guidelines.
- Collaborate closely with the DWH team to further develop the Data landscape.
- Provide assistance across projects, helping to ensure decisions and manage processes.
- Computer Science degree or similar level of qualification.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in large, data-driven projects and implementing Data pipelines - Particularly within a Machine learning or predictive analytics.
- Experience with modern data pipeline tools (Spark, Airflow, Redshift, Kafka)
- Advanced knowledge in administering SQL and NoSQL databases and implementing ETLs.
- Strong experience with administration of cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud).
- Background in a fast-paced, dynamic environment (Financial/Fintech).
- Fluent German and English speaking.
If you're a Data Engineer who is looking for the next challenge where you'll be a technically leading the design and implementation of the Data infrastructure company-wide this could be the role for you. Sounds interesting? Feel free to send your latest CV and a convenient time to speak to Daniel.Neaves@darwinrecruitment.com
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR YOU?
We understand that our network is the most important asset to our business, so we truly value recommendations. If you have a friend who is looking to take the next step in their career, let us know and we can help them.We have an excellent range of prizes to choose from.
Please note that your recommendation must be working in a position we place them in for a minimum of 3 months for a permanent role, or 1 month for a contract role