Senior Big Data Engineer - Projects from scratch - €75K
Amsterdam, North Holland , €50000.00 - €75000.00 per annum
2019-05-20 07:00:14 +0100
Digital, Data, Back-end, Scala, Data Engineering
You're a Senior Data Engineer who has a keen knowledge of scalable systems and distributed programming, and Data platforms? Are you proactive and enthusiastic? You solve problems, you don't avoid them. You're looking for a company who will not only give you the space to spread your wings but will help you do it? Do you like the following stack: Scala, Python, Spark, Storm, Hadoop, Pig, Hive, HDFS, Yarn, Zookeeper, NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Kafka, AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins?
This is going to interest you!
This organization located near Amsterdam is growing and looking to add two Data Engineers to their international team. They are 150% quality-driven and daily undertaking large-scale and complex challenges. Most projects involve development the data platform from scratch and you get the freedom to choose the best tech stack for the job.
Senior Data Engineer - What's the job?
- Working on complex and challenging projects in great teams of 5-6 skilled engineers
- Design and implement core topics on the product roadmap which specifically relate to data-intensive algorithms
- You will write elegant, simple and well-performing code for the data platform
- Work in a Scrum methodology on a top-notch application platform
- Optimize the data infrastructure
- Contribute and take part in the strong knowledge-sharing community of the company
- The freedom and space to direct and guide your own development projects
Senior Data Engineer - What's your profile?
- Master, Bachelor or similar through experience
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in software engineering (scala, python or java)
- Good knowledge of Big Data frameworks, tools and libraries
- Experienced with Linux and Cloud (AWS or Azure)
- An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
Senior Data Engineer - What's in it for you?
- The chance to work in a dynamic, innovative and growing company
- An above market-average salary of up to 75.000€/per year depending on your knowledge and strengths
- Modern and always adapting tech stack
- An immediate long term contract, transport allowance, extensive training package, personalized to your strengths and goals, The possibility to acquire professional certificates
- Regular company- and team events, 28 paid vacation days and talent development programs
- Hackathons, weekly knowledge sessions, sports activities, free drinks, fresh fruits, and cereals
Do you have any questions regarding this function or you want to apply?
Get in touch with Daniel, specialised consultant in Scala & Data Engineering
Daniel.email@example.com / +31(0)20 30 58 541
Managing This Role
Coming from a background in IT Recruitment, I joined Darwin in April 2016 as Recruitment Consultant for the Netherlands. After a great and successful year, I was promoted to Exe...Daniel's Full Bio