€50000.00 - €65000.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Freedom, fulfilment and a healthy working environment
Build software that has real world positive benefits on real people
Your curiosity is welcome, don't expect to be told what to do. Work your way
3 reasons to summarise the over-arching message that this position is not about being told what to do. We search for Senior PHP Dev's who bring their own ideas. The kind of person who see's something that hacks them off and thinks "I'm gonna fix that. Who's with me!?"
What is your purpose here?
- Building a high quality product that still works in the future for scalability, building upon the current solution and it's foundations.
- Since acquiring some very large customers, you will help one of the biggest challenge for the team which is creating a really high quality product that maintains performance
If you value culture and the working environment, you MUST read this:
- The environment here is a dream for a developer! The whole business is transitioning from a traditionally managed company to a truly self-organising company.
- In most companies people are quick to identify problems but very slow to fix them themselves. They are used to receiving solutions from the top, which they then complain about until someone is lucky enough to propose the right solution. Otherwise called "management". This is not our way…
- We want people who know intellectually that they want to be more autonomous but also have the boldness, the grit and initiative to be truly autonomous.
- The vision is to become completely void of any hierarchy and for everyone to channel their complaints into actions without "management" in the middle
Who are we searching for?
The kind of person who thinks "this pisses me off so much I'm going fix it right now" and is confident communicating with their team to say "I hope you're with me. If you don't join the brainstorms, you're going to have to live with the solution we find". This is important in helping to create a positive feedback loop.
Instead of asking for solutions, we want a person who is presenting ideas for solutions perhaps even to problems Honestly doesn't even know they have. We also hope to find someone who is very aware of our users and how your work might impact the product from the users perspective.
From a technical point of view, we search for a very simple profile:
- A Senior Developer, but not measured in years of experience. To us a Senior is someone who has been responsible for software architecture before and can mentor other developers
- A PHP backend expert. Sure it's useful if you have worked with Laravel or Symfony, but we know a good PHP person can learn these frameworks
If this makes you curious please apply to this job advertisement with a recent CV that includes all of your contact details.
Alternatively you may email me directly via email@example.com or fine me on LinkedIn here: www.linkedin.com/in/jamie-rogers-08852b20