WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
Up to €85000.00 per annum
22 days ago
***Required: A new Senior Backend Developer***
If you've got a background in Java and keep up to date with the latest tech/frameworks around this then you could be exactly what they're looking for.
Interested? Then read on...
Tell me more about the role...
You will be primarily responsible for developing new features and updates while extending the companies platform, which is a digital consulting platform which already receives 10 million visits per month. You will be helping build a revolutionary platform within this industry.
Working in the company's Cologne office for part of the week, and from home for the rest of it, you'll report to the Software Engineering Team Lead and will be tasked with the following:
- Developing and designing new features for the platform
- Designing and developing microservices to scale the platform
- Introducing new DevOps processes to boost efficiency and continuous integration
- Data structuring in the data layer with Kafka
What experience do I need?
My client wants someone who's got a background in Java and keep up to date with the latest tech/frameworks around this.
They'll also need you to have experience of:
- Developing microservices with spring boot or a similar framework
- The end to end development lifecycle or new products and features to carry a product forward
- Modern DevOps approaches while using tools such as docker & Kubernetes
- Working with cloud infrastructures with AWS or similar cloud based platforms
- Working in an agile environment and producing high quality code
If you've got all of that, then you could be perfect for this Senior Backend Developer role and we'd love to see your CV.
What can I earn?
This Senior Backend Developer position offers an attractive basic salary of up to €85,000 per annum.
In addition you'll get other benefits which include the following:
- Flexible remote working policy
- Work life balance is a priority (trust based working hours)
- Free choice of hardware
- Learning and development budget to enhance your skills
- Great vacation package
Tell me a bit about the hiring company...
The business you'll be working for is one of the largest consumer brands in Europe with €7.7 billion of annual revenue and over 40,000 employees across 11 countries.
They're a great company to work for. People join them for many reasons, such as they:
- Work in an agile environment with flat hierarchies
- Ensure projects and new features get developed quickly
- Offer a hybrid remote working policy
- Are always open to new ideas and ways of working and you get to choose the technologies you work with going forwards
Think you've got what it takes?
If you think you're the perfect fit for this Senior Backend Developer role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.
You could be right for this Senior Backend Developer position if you've previously worked as any of the following: Senior Backend Developer, Backend Developer, Senior Java Developer, Java Developer, Senior Backend Engineer, Backend Engineer, Software Developer, Software Engineer, Software Entwickler or as a Softwareentwickler.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We're looking for a talented Senior Java Developer to work for one of the largest consumer brands in Europe with 200,000,000+ customers. Someone with demonstrable experience in building frontends that work at a large scale (This project will have over 10 million+ users). If that's you then you could be exactly what they're looking for. The Role: In the Senior Java Developer role you'll be primarily responsible for firstly selecting the appropriate technology for the customer's needs or project objective. Next with your team you will figure out how best to implement the backend at large-scale (high-load topics for example). Working within a Spotify-like tribe team structure will require you to team up and work well with colleagues in Frontend, Product, QA and UX/UI design. Report to the Head of Engineering and spend part of the working week in the company's Cologne office. For the rest of the week, you can be working from home. In the job you'll be tasked with the following: - Contributing high-quality coding standards - Occasionally reading existing code to understand the logic - Writing code that easily readable for your peers - Defining how to implement a backend, not only with doing the implementation - When required mentoring and coaching junior Java Dev's The Package: Basic salary: Up to €85,000 per annum Benefits: 2 days per week remote working and learning & educational support The Company: They are one of the largest consumer brands in Europe with 200,000,000 customers in 11 countries, and as a business, they've been around since 1970. They're a great company to work for. People join them for many reasons, such as they: - Can see the results of their work on a very large scale - Might have friends and family who use their frontends - See a natural learning opportunity in the nature of the project challenges - Have the freedom to choose the technology that best suits the problem - Get to work with people of 72 different nationalities Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Work on a product with 10 million monthly users - Contribute to the next evolution of digital consumer experiences - Modern Java software technology, modern Dev processes, modern team structures, modern everything! For one of Europe's most well-known consumer brands with 40,000+ employees and more than €8 BILLION in annual revenues, we are hiring for a new Java Backend Developer. What is your purpose? To take the best backend technologies to achieve the customer's needs. It is up to you and your team to understand processes that will satisfy the customer and build something valuable. These are often complex challenges which is why the appropriate technology is decided by your team upwards - tech decisions are NOT made from the top downwards. Having surrounding discussions with Expert Leads / Architects ensures that a highly autonomous with new ideas being moderated and integrated into the bigger picture appropriately. What project will you work on? We're building the next generation of digital consumer experiences. This is NOT an online shop or eCommerce project, this is something way more exciting. But sadly, there is only so much we can make public in a job advert :( We can say that the project will encourage you to always find the best approach to making large-scale frontends performant and robust. Who are we searching for? - Java Developers who can write readable code for others - Developers who can read existing code and understand the logic - Modern Java Spring skills, ideally gained in large-scale projects If you would like to know more about who this company is and what project we are hiring for, apply with your full CV and contact details for immediate consideration! Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Are you a talented Senior Java Developer, or are you aiming to be one? Can you demonstrate that you have experience of building scalable, highly available distributed systems? If so then you could be perfect for my client. ---- The Role: In the Senior Java Developer role you'll report to the VP of Engineering and will be primarily responsible for collaborating and working within one of the teams focused on enhancing the product offered by my client further. They are an innovation business meaning that innovation and enhancement are at the core of what the teams do. Specific tasks include: - Enhancing the current product - Maintaining any code written - Migrating older code to a new code base - Collaborating with other teams and other employees to ensure all requirements are delivered This position is based in the company's Stockholm office, so please ensure that's within a reasonable commutable distance for you before you apply. ---- The Candidate: To be the right person for Senior Java Developer role you will need direct experience of building scalable, highly available distributed systems. We also need you to have prior experience of maintaining the existing code written in either Java or Scala. It's also essential that you've got experience of migrating older software systems. It's important that you also have the following: - 3+ years of experience working with scalable services and building APIs - Skills and experience with Java - Knowledge of Kafka Is that you? If so, send us your CV. ---- The Package: An excellent salary is on offer for this Senior Java Developer position, details of which will be revealed on application. ---- The Company: The business you'll be working for is a video streaming platform used for internal company outreach. ---- Think that this Senior Java Developer role is right for you? Then we'd love to hear from you. Click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews. ---- You could be right for this Senior Java Developer position if you've previously worked as any of the following: Java Developer, Software Developer or as a Senior Developer. Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.