WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
40000.00kr - 52000.00kr per month
9 months ago
Darwin Recruitment are currently hiring for a Senior Backend Developer on behalf of a company in Stockholm that was founded in 2016 with the goal to radically improve how we manage and care for the buildings that we spend a major part of our lives in. Through experiences in architecture, real estate and modern web-technology, they realized that there is a great need to solve issues connected to managing all the information around buildings. They are now building a platform that provides a solution, in the form of searchable and collaborative indoor information maps, using industry file formats.
Their mission is to realize a future where we have access to information about indoor spaces as easily as we have access to street maps today. They make it natural to find information about things and places inside a building just by searching for it on a map, in the same way we search for things in the city streets every day. Regardless if you are working in an office, or have a more hands-on role maintaining buildings, they will enable you to find the information and location you are looking for, whether it is real-time data about temperature and noise, the location of a meeting room, or the ventilation maintenance history. When information about their indoor spaces becomes available to everyone who needs it, tedious work can be reduced and better decisions can be made. By making this possible, they aim to not only make building maintenance more sustainable, but the experience of spending time in them more enjoyable.
What you will work with
As a member of their small, but growing development team you will primarily work on the backend systems. Currently they are in an exciting phase where they have a lot of new features in the pipeline, as well as scaling and optimization to be done, and breaking out of some core components into separate internal services. They try to keep their technology stack lean, while also constantly be on the lookout for better tools and components. They strive for simplicity, pragmatism, flexibility, and modernity in their technology choices. This makes them able to provide a great developer experience and move fast.
Their main day-to-day challenge is constructing a modern and delightful user experience around some of their core features:
· Browsing indoor maps with 2D/3D geometry
· Searching and creating objects, metadata, pictures, and comments in indoor locations
· Integrating and vizualizing static and real-time data from APIs and sensors
· On the backend, delivering these features involves everything from geometry conversions, integrations with external APIs, and serving requests from their client app.
On a day-to-day basis, you will do some of their most important work:
· Discuss new product features with the rest of the team and how their implementation could work
· Architect and build reliable, maintainable, and performant backend services
· Design data models that strike a good balance between clarity, future-proofing, and versatility
· Tweak their monitoring and deployment infrastructure to make sure that they have a top-notch developer experience
You probably have:
· Multi-year experience developing scalable backend services and APIs.
· Experience working with Node.js, databases and search, caching, infrastructure-as-code, and Kubernetes. Previous experience with either Java or .NET can be ideal if you know Node.js too.
· Great sense of good-enough solutions and you are always thinking about trade-offs
· Experience working with distributed systems, GraphQL, and realtime APIs
· Developed software with prominent search-based features