City of London|
Python Developer- for UK based candidates only (remote)
Our client in London, a global leader in the finance environment, is looking for an English-speaking Python developer for the next 6 months (extension is possible).
- Replace two small applications with secure alternatives
- Replace a proprietary in-memory database, "DeepPool", with equivalent functionality based on MongoDB: Modify client code to use MongoDB instead of DeepPool as their cache; Replace DeepPool functionality with equivalent Mongo queries and commands
- Upgrade or replace "OceanView", a webapp viewer for DeepPool, to make it secure: encryption (https); authentication (Kerberos SSO)
- Implement log capture on two systems, Volcano and Helix)
- Ensure log output is captured centrally
- Identify security-relevant events and ensure they are logged
- Ensure security-related messages are retained for sufficiently long period
- Improve version management and deployment of Volcano and Helix
- Create automated build & test pipelines in Azure DevOps (ADO)
- Create deployment pipelines in ADO, for automated deployment
- Enhance Helix management of database-level executable code, so that code version is verifiable
- Strong Python coding skills
- At least 3yrs experience working with Python, ideally on large, shared code bases
- These frameworks particularly beneficial: asyncio, aiohttp, twisted
- Experience with Azure and Azure Dev Ops
- Experience with web development - especially REST api
- Familiarity with Linux (shell scripts and the command-line)
- Inside IR35
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.
If you wish to contact a specialist regarding this role, or your job search in general, please contact +41 (0)43 456 29 09
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Python.
Backend Python Engineer - #Privacy & #Se...
My client in the search engine industry has an exciting opportunity in their new and dynamic team of developers. Are...
Python developer matchmaking couples
This is an opportunity to be a python 'match making' developer and help an innovative and open-minded company improve and...
Freelance Python Engineer FastAPI Skills
Freelance Senior Python Engineer (FastAPI SKills) - Remote available - 3-6 Months Job - Senior Python Engineer Client Location -...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.