WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
New York, USA
4 months ago
- Lead the effort to build a Python "Center of Excellence" at 28Stone's client.
- Design the migration process of current SSIS ETL to Python
- Define Python development standards in terms of best practices, tools, testing, Open source, CICD and SDLC process
- Leadership and responsibility for technical architectures and reviews for Python projects
- Guide the organization on Python related upgrades and address any vulnerabilities.
- Work with various internal and offshore teams to enforce agreed upon standards.
- Work with and manage a small team of remote resources working in a different time zone.
- At least 5 years of full-time development experience using Python.
- Extensive experience in software development and understanding of modern enterprise software development processes.
- Solid understanding of a variety of programming tools and development platforms.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Highly analytical mindset, with an ability to see both the big picture and the details.
- Proficient understanding of algorithms, data structures, architectural design patterns and best practices.
- Experience in creating high-level product specifications and design documents.
- Proven collaboration and influencing skills.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Experience in writing Python applications with the benefit of frameworks like Django, Flask, Pyramid, or Tornado.
- Experience with data science toolkits like Anaconda.
- Experience in Python testing and code analysis tools like Pytest and Pylint
- Experience in ETL space, particularly with SSIS, would be an added benefit
- Knowledge of modern Server architectures such as Spring Boot, Spring
- General development expertise, use of version control, ticketing, and continuous integration systems.
- Experience in an Agile Development environment
Experience in building microservices
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.