Principal Software Engineer.
Principal Software Engineer
CHF140000 - CHF170000 per year|
Principal Software Engineer
About the role
You will work across multiple products in which you will help to provide the opportunity for students to experience educational travel experiences across the world each year.
As a Principal Software Engineer your main objective is to deliver features for your colleagues to work effectively and efficiently within our systems. You will design and build products alongside your team of product managers, designers, and other engineers to reach our common goals. You should be a team player with strong technical knowledge, who is eager to learn, and has a passion for building products that our customers will love.
How you will contribute
- Work closely with your team and business stakeholders to design and deliver solutions for complex business problems
- Contribute to the technical vision of the team and the strategic evolution of our systems
- Mentor and coach the engineers in your team
- Maintain a strong Developer Experience on the team
- Actively participate in and drive Agile approaches and processes
- Support the company to grow in a healthy way by creating a great culture
Who you are
- 7+ years of professional experience with common languages
- Enjoy working on a mixture of hands-on development, design, and mentoring staff
- Understand characteristics and trade-offs of programming paradigms
- A strong desire to learn new and current technologies and go outside your technical comfort zone
- Strong team player with great communication skills and a passion for collaboration
- Experience with one or more approaches to managing software development work
- Empathy and understanding of other disciplines in and around the product
- Interest in the travel industry and solving the complex business problems presented
- Interest in using principles and techniques of Domain-Driven Design to manage business complexity is a plus!
Our tech stack
Let's get this out of the way: yes, we do have a legacy system to support. It is a 20-year-old monolith based on .NET Framework, WPF / WinForms, and MSSQL. Fortunately, we are actively migrating away from it towards a modern platform powered by AWS, ECS/Fargate, Terraform and Docker.
Our new services and backends are running on .NET Core, Node.js and Python, on top of the platform mentioned above. On the client-side we run on TypeScript and React with the help of Retool for rapid prototyping and internal CRUD applications.
We store data in various persistence technologies like MongoDB or AWS RDS, using REST APIs, GraphQL and RabbitMQ to enable loosely coupled communication between systems and components.
We empower our teams to experiment with new technologies, inspired by our internal Tech Radar, because we think that by using the right technology for the problem a great user experience for our customers can be achieved.
We offer a wide range of benefits ready for our team members to enjoy at the office, at home, during weekends, after work and with friends & family, including:
- Discounted passes to local destinations and tourist hot spots such as Mt. Titlis or Kunsthaus Zurich.
- Full reimbursement of the SBB 'halb-tax' travel card, covering country-wide public transportation.
- Free membership for our newly built gym or get involved with our variety of sports teams.
- Seasonal and monthly office events including holiday parties, ski trips, and pay-day happy hours.
- Discounts on a wide range of local restaurants, shops, hotel stays and EF products.
- 15% off in-house childcare service (more info. available).
- Option to work in the office full-time, hybrid, or consideration for additional flexibility.
- Full visa sponsorship for Switzerland for non-Swiss / EU applicants
- Relocation support, if applicable
- Diverse and inclusive workplace
- Collaboration on choice of technology
- One flight home per year
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.
If you wish to contact a specialist regarding this role, or your job search in general, please contact +41 (0)43 456 29 09
SUBMIT YOUR CV
VUE.Js Developer Up to 80K
Apply Now I am looking for a FrontEnd (Vue) Developer Up to 80K Applicants must be leaving in the Netherlands...
Software Engineer (Front End)
Apply Now I'm looking for someone who wants to join the IT department and work in a passionate and professional...
Senior Front-End Engineer UP to 85K
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.