WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
£80000.00 - £115000.00 per annum + Technical Leadership
8 months ago
Principle Data Engineer: Berlin
Python/Scala: Hadoop, Spark/Flink/AirFlow
I am working on behalf of a successful player with a strong brand focus operating successfully in the E-Commerce market for over 40 years. Being a family run business, they have expanded globally to now become one of the largest in Berlin, operating in over 40 countries with 18,000 employees.
Now seeking a Principle Data Engineer to spearhead the cross-functional data unit and work hand in hand with the Head of Data Engineering for infrastructure, architecture and technical leadership.
Are you currently working in a technical leadership/mentoring position or have strong experience as a Senior Data Engineer?
- 5+ years of experience working as a Data Engineer
- Deep knowledge of scalable distributed processing systems, such as Spark or Flink- ideally on Hadoop and experience of AirFlow is desired
- Ability to write efficient, well-tested code with a keen eye on scalability and maintainability in Python/Scala
- You are a team player and strong communicator with a hands-on mentality
- Hands-on leadership, mentoring skills
Role & Duties:
- You will be co-responsible with the Head of Data for the whole Data Engineering architecture and infrastructure including: Design, implementation, maintenance, and operations
- Technical leadership of end to end data solutions for Data Science use-cases
- You teach and mentor engineers in technical and non-technical growth through learning, development, and leadership
- Working on the operationalisation of Data Science use cases and ML pipelines with a cross-functional motivated Data Science team
Why should I join?
- Flat hierarchies
- Multi-cultural, diverse, and international English working environment
- Permanent reinvention, space for creativity and individual career planning
- Open culture, dynamic teams, and freedom for hands-on mentality
- Social commitment
- Social Benefits: Pension scheme/capital formation benefits
- 30 days holiday
Please send your CV and call availability at your earliest convenience to: Rebecca.Newson@darwinrecruitment.com
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.