Postgres Database Engineer
Zürich, Switzerland , Swiss Franc700 - Swiss Franc900 per day
2019-06-25 16:52:05 +0100
- Further development and enhancement of the Postgres DBaaS platform (based on Community Postgres), providing a high degree of automation and high quality functionalities for the consumers
- Standardization of the in-house developed tooling to provision and maintain the Postgres platform and services
- High degree of automation, REST API developments, security designs, code reviews, as well as platform engineering
- Operations in-line with the principles of Site Reliability Engineering and DevOps
6+ years experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Postgres system engineering
- Postgres system administration and operations
- Postgres performance monitoring and tuning
- High-availability setups (disaster recovery, replication, backup)
- Software engineering for infrastructure projects
- GNU/Linux systems engineering and administration
- Experience with other RDBMS is a plus
Good working proficiency in two or more of the following programming languages:
- Java is a plus
Business /customer orientation:
Ability to effectively interact with internal/external resources and other business owners on technical and nontechnical level.
Soft skills / personal:
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure in a very collaborative environment.
- Ability to manage, prioritize, analyze and resolve issues/problems, identify alternative solutions including consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations quickly and completely.
Managing This Role
Since starting as a Trainee Consultant in 2010, I have worked in positions such as Consultant, Senior Consultant, Team Leader and in recent years, working as Darwin's first Part...Ashley's Full Bio