Postgres Database Engineer
Zürich, Switzerland , Swiss Franc700 - Swiss Franc900 per day
2019-06-25 16:52:05 +0100
- Further development and enhancement of the Postgres DBaaS platform (based on Community Postgres), providing a high degree of automation and high quality functionalities for the consumers
- Standardization of the in-house developed tooling to provision and maintain the Postgres platform and services
- High degree of automation, REST API developments, security designs, code reviews, as well as platform engineering
- Operations in-line with the principles of Site Reliability Engineering and DevOps
6+ years experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Postgres system engineering
- Postgres system administration and operations
- Postgres performance monitoring and tuning
- High-availability setups (disaster recovery, replication, backup)
- Software engineering for infrastructure projects
- GNU/Linux systems engineering and administration
- Experience with other RDBMS is a plus
Good working proficiency in two or more of the following programming languages:
- Java is a plus
Business /customer orientation:
Ability to effectively interact with internal/external resources and other business owners on technical and nontechnical level.
Soft skills / personal:
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure in a very collaborative environment.
- Ability to manage, prioritize, analyze and resolve issues/problems, identify alternative solutions including consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations quickly and completely.
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR YOU?
We understand that our network is the most important asset to our business, so we truly value recommendations. If you have a friend who is looking to take the next step in their career, let us know and we can help them.We have an excellent range of prizes to choose from.
Please note that your recommendation must be working in a position we place them in for a minimum of 3 months for a permanent role, or 1 month for a contract role