New York, USA , equity
2018-05-30 16:34:05 +0100
Are you an expert in Research Science, focussed on Natural Language Processing/Natural Language Understanding (NLP/NLU)? Do you have that entrepreneurial spirit? Have the ability to communicate on a technical and non-technical level? and do you have creative ideas on how NLP techniques can be applied to cutting-edge AI research?
This innovative, well backed start-up are currently looking for a "hands-on" Scientist with a strong background in NLP research to join their NYC-based AI lab. The successful candidate will act as be focussed on the research and production of NLP techniques, tools and models, working on a very specific local innovation project.
You'll be responsible for driving these innovation projects through the development of platforms including dialogue systems/chatbots, text processing and understanding systems and semantic technologies.
This technology is yet to exist, so you will truly be working on the cutting edge in this area by continuing your research through self-started experiments, technically leading small research teams and bringing fresh creative ideas for existing and future products, fully leveraging the power of and access to the enterprise level datasets on offer.
- Graduate Degree (MSc or PhD) in, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Computational Neuroscience or Physics
- 8+ years commercial and/or post-doctorate experience in NLP projects
- Specialisation in speech recognition, natural language processing, machine translation, time series analysis, signal processing, or machine learning.
- Deep knowledge in the field of Natural Language Processing and related technologies, including NLU, NLG, machine learning based chatbots, question-answering systems and digital assistants.
- Technical leadership experience, with the ability to impart knowledge to junior members of a team
- Abilities in developing algorithms from scratch and writing own modification code
Managing This Role
I manage a team of specialist Recruitment consultants, who focus their time purely on sourcing and building relationships with Data Science professionals in Greater New York Cit...Lewis's Full Bio