Network Project Manager
Hook, Hampshire , €51 - €540 per day
2018-03-27 08:30:23 +0100
- Responsible for successfully managing the technical workstreams of a number of delivery projects within the LGI Mobile programme where mobile network technologies are included in scope. Projects will include Roadmap Product & Enabler initiatives, and those from the Baseline. All projects will be either exclusively or predominantly LGI Capital investment expenditure, and the Network Project Manager role works in partnership with a portfolio of technical experts (e.g. developers, testers, architects etc.) sourced predominantly from external contingent labour suppliers and from LGI's vendors (e.g. Ericsson, Amdocs). Projects range in value from approximately Euro 200k to Euro 10m, and can include either single or multiple operating companies across LGI's operations in Switzerland and the EU. Although predominantly focused on the LGI Pan European MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) core network, projects may also include the separate MVNO core networks in LGI's Belgian and UK operations, plus the MNO (Mobile Network Operator) in Belgium (Base).
- Examples of Roadmap projects: Launching a Full MVNO; introducing LTE services (both in the domestic market and roaming); Voice over WiFi (VoWifi).
- Examples of Baseline projects: Increasing the capacity on LGI's core MVNO core network; upgrading LGI's 'test' core network.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor, review and lead projects to ensure new capability is delivered to the business owner at agreed standards of quality, cost, risk and time.
- Engage and manage relevant stakeholders, helping to resolve issues and understanding drivers/needs. This includes LGI's key suppliers of network infrastructure and systems.
- Drive initial project phase creating the statement of business requirements (BSA), coordinating inputs from LGI's IT Architecture, Network Architecture, Business Solutions Architecture teams, plus the central and local-level product owns.
- Proactively recommend remedial action to bring the projects back to plan when required.
- Ensure projects are managed in accordance with LGI's governance rules and procedures, including aligning with local, operating company-level governance.
- Identify resource gaps and ensure actions are taken to resolve.
- Analyse all information of materiality relevant to the project from which risks and issues can be identified and quantified.
- Ensure all project documentation is maintained accurately and against required reporting milestones.
- Lead the 'Go/No Go' activities for each project and/or programme:
- Ensuring applicable business approval (up to, and including, MD-level engagement) and technical/operational activity for 'Go Live', typically run across a Friday-to-Monday timetable within LGI.